International Management

BOC

I just got offered the job managing Ivory Coast and accepted it. Now I have no idea what to do. There seems to be little or no information in the manual about it -

Whats the national pool?

Why can't I get a list of eligible players that aren't in the pool?

Why won't anybody accept the job as my assistant manager?

Can I scout/get reports on eligible players or do I guess that they will be good?

Am I missing something. Is it in the manual or is there a good guide out there? Sorry for all the questions but I can't find a thing.

I just got offered the job managing Ivory Coast and accepted it. Now I have no idea what to do. There seems to be little or no information in the manual about it -

Whats the national pool?

Why can't I get a list of eligible players that aren't in the pool?

Why won't anybody accept the job as my assistant manager?

Can I scout/get reports on eligible players or do I guess that they will be good?

Am I missing something. Is it in the manual or is there a good guide out there? Sorry for all the questions but I can't find a thing.

ok i'm someone that resorts to 2 jobs fulltime club and international (currently enjoying my yantai yiteng/solomon islands save :p )

anyway the national pool is where you can keep all your main squad players and up coming youth players it's just a giant shortlist for managers of international sides

on search for players they should be a tick box for players only eligible for Ivory coast click that

assistant managers will join but you need to be realistic no top staff will join ivory coast i'm afraid try looking for african coaches that don't have a huge reputation

you can visit club games where your players will be playing but you only randomly get asked to attend these games

ok i'm someone that resorts to 2 jobs fulltime club and international (currently enjoying my yantai yiteng/solomon islands save :p )

anyway the national pool is where you can keep all your main squad players and up coming youth players it's just a giant shortlist for managers of international sides

on search for players they should be a tick box for players only eligible for Ivory coast click that

assistant managers will join but you need to be realistic no top staff will join ivory coast i'm afraid try looking for african coaches that don't have a huge reputation

you can visit club games where your players will be playing but you only randomly get asked to attend these games

Thanks I resolved the assman issue by employing my club assman. He has me as favoured personel so maybe that makes it easier. You still feel a bit in the unknown compared to a club where your coaches give you feedback on players. Ah well should be fun either way :)

You can get coaches to keep an eye on players, both in your squad and any English player in the game if you are the manager for England, just go to the Scouting Menu in England and you can assign them to the Premiership for instance, and they will watch premiership games and report back on English players in them, and give ratings and report cards on players, like you can do domestically with scouts, but slightly different.

Thanks I resolved the assman issue by employing my club assman. He has me as favoured personel so maybe that makes it easier. You still feel a bit in the unknown compared to a club where your coaches give you feedback on players. Ah well should be fun either way :)

try being the manager of solomon islands that have no expectations due to being very poor!!

no staff will join me lol

check this result out

guatamala 5 - solomon islands 0 :(

guatamala are not the greatest team in the world

i'm currently ranked 154th in the world rankings :)

Can I ask another basic question too?

How do I get players onto the u20 squad? Is it done automatically by the u20 coach? Right now there are like 8 players on it but I know that there are about 15 other regens who are 17-19 years old who could be added instead of having greyed out players.

Can I ask another basic question too?

How do I get players onto the u20 squad? Is it done automatically by the u20 coach? Right now there are like 8 players on it but I know that there are about 15 other regens who are 17-19 years old who could be added instead of having greyed out players.

when you right click on the players name they should be a few options like

add to national tema

add to u23 team

add to under 21 team <<<<<<<<<<<< click that one

remove from national pool

when you right click on the players name they should be a few options like

add to national tema

add to u23 team

add to under 21 team <<<<<<<<<<<< click that one

remove from national pool

Unfortunately I'm not getting those options.

I'm managing Panama and I have a senior squad and a Panama u20s. My choices are:

Call Up to Panama Squad

Add To National Pool

Request Match Reports ->

If I add him to the National Pool "Remove From National Pool" replaces "Add To National Pool."

You may not have options for youth sides if that team already has a manager. They tend to have total control over that side (and often do a poor job). Otherwise, the player may be ineligible for the side, or unable to be called up at that time.

• 4 weeks later...
hey i've got a problem. i've been hired as Ivory Coast National Team Coach, but there is no GK for the entire National pool! What am i gonna do??

Try the normal player search and restrict it to players eligible for Ivory Coast. You might find a GK that hasn't been added to the National Pool. It's one of the weaknesses of the game that Player Search won't tell you which players have not been added to your pool.

how is your team getting on?

I just took the same job in 2016 and it took ages to find staff. Only one i got quickly was Geremi as a coach. I tried all my club coaches and only 1 joined me.

I took Ivory Coast to 3rd in the African Nations. They were disappointed with that as they wanted to get to the final at least so I said sod them and quit but not until we had beaten Argentina in an historic 3-0 friendly which my clever assman had arranged for 3 days after the African Nations. Something SI might also want to look at.

Try the normal player search and restrict it to players eligible for Ivory Coast. You might find a GK that hasn't been added to the National Pool. It's one of the weaknesses of the game that Player Search won't tell you which players have not been added to your pool.

thks for ur help but i've decided to quit as there really isn't any GK and they went for world cup with Yaya Toure as the GK :rolleyes:

hey i've got a problem. i've been hired as Ivory Coast National Team Coach, but there is no GK for the entire National pool! What am i gonna do??

I've almost got this problem. I'm in my second year as IC manager, and only have one keeper in the national pool. No idea what to do when he retires, he's 34 already! No others in player search either. Well, there is. But he's so bad he doesn't even have a club. :(

How do I get any info (either Scout - main or Scout - other) to show on Squad view screen? Nothing shows up here even after I receive some infos about the players from my national team coaches.

Also, I am managing Argentina in 2021 and am having very big problems in picking the right players.

I found staff with 20/20 JPA/JPP, and they are now my national team coaches. However, when I send them to make reports on 10 most valuable Argentinian players in the world, they are telling me they should not be in the squad, with 1-2 stars rating? If these 20+ million players are not worth playing for the national team, then who is???

• 1 month later...

Hopefully someone on here might be able to help me.

It's my first time managing an international team on FM09 and I'm struggling to see how you can get the scout ratings up on the team screen.

On FM08, you could go to 'scout - main' and 'scout - other' and you could see the star rating given to each player and easily compare them (sort of like you do for a normal team).

On FM09, I have all my players being scouted, but when I go to 'scout - main' and 'scout - other' I cannot see any stars. So, to compare the players I have to click on each player and go to their 'national report'.

I hope this makes sense. Basically, I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug, or perhaps if this just doesn't work the same way on FM09 for whatever reason?

Can anyone help?

C.

I have a question:

can you arrange friendlies yourself?

Yes you can, you often have to do this with a low ranked side as your ass man will only arrange 1 or 2 friendlies a year, i believe you need to play 5 games a year to keep your world ranking up or it will start going down to much

Hopefully someone on here might be able to help me.

It's my first time managing an international team on FM09 and I'm struggling to see how you can get the scout ratings up on the team screen.

On FM08, you could go to 'scout - main' and 'scout - other' and you could see the star rating given to each player and easily compare them (sort of like you do for a normal team).

On FM09, I have all my players being scouted, but when I go to 'scout - main' and 'scout - other' I cannot see any stars. So, to compare the players I have to click on each player and go to their 'national report'.

I hope this makes sense. Basically, I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug, or perhaps if this just doesn't work the same way on FM09 for whatever reason?

Can anyone help?

C.

Has anyone any idea about this?

Archived