Please save me

right, i was forced to briefly uninstall fm2008 on my laptop, i then reinstalled it and whilst doing this decided to download a new skin for the game. I'm guessing i placed the skin in the wrong place because i have now been met by the dreaded white screen at the home page.

I have un/reinstalled the game at least 5 times, deleted all mention of football manager off program files and even searched the name of the skin into my computer and deleted all files off my computer and from the recycle bin. I then tried installing my friends game but to the same avail. I have also installed direct X,

please any, any ideas?

right, i was forced to briefly uninstall fm2008 on my laptop, i then reinstalled it and whilst doing this decided to download a new skin for the game. I'm guessing i placed the skin in the wrong place because i have now been met by the dreaded white screen at the home page.

I have un/reinstalled the game at least 5 times, deleted all mention of football manager off program files and even searched the name of the skin into my computer and deleted all files off my computer and from the recycle bin. I then tried installing my friends game but to the same avail. I have also installed direct X,

please any, any ideas?

Have you deleted all your cache files?

Q - How do I delete my cache files?

A - This has changed slightly from Football Manager 2008. For Football Manager 2009 please use the following instructions:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go Into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go into the “Football Manager 09” Folder.

6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive” Folder.

5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"

6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

Give that a go and try again.

Archived