Steam update

I was playing FM earlier and when I'm trying to run it again now, I keep getting this pop up from steam saying that i have to wait 2 and a half hours for some update before i can play.

Is there any way of getting rid of this because i already edited the db manually so dont need another update.

thanks.

Launch Steam, Goto my games right click on Fm 2009, select properties, updates and select dont update. you should be able to launch as normal

Yeah but that way he doesn't get the benefit of all the changes made to rectify bugs. I would advise installing the patch anyways but you are free to use your own DB

im in the same boat as Wakko jakko I cant get the game to run without updating, despite having auto updates turned off, so frustrating, I just wanna play the f***in game

No need to swear mate, just run fm.exe from this directory: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

I get the same message as allan. I'll try and look for that FAQ thread. If anyone else finds it, please link it here. Thanks.

Iv tried all the suggestions and nothing has worked

Well there isn't anything else I can do, all I can suggest is waiting for a solution to present itself either here or in the problems thread

Super, in the meantime Il play solitaire......

Dw. I'll just wait for the update. Very frustrating though, surely there should have been a skip update option but never mind.

Thanks for your help anyway lads.

Im trying to avoid DL the patch, chances are you can say bye bye to any of your tactics working and your back to square 1

OK, the path to your fm.exe is something like this:

C:\Program Files\Steam\common\steamapps\Football Manager 2009

Double click fm.exe and see if that runs the game. Exit Steam before trying this.

I don't mean to be picky here, but isn't that what I posted earlier on in this thread? :p

Archived