who is your greatest player ever in fm

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a close call between three regens:

Francisco Escribano (FLC) a CM0304 regen who entered my Europa de Nava youth setup round 2019. He singlehandedly took us from 2nd Division B to Champions League Glory.

Ricardinho da Souza Alves (ST) a FM05 regen I was introduced to when I took the Auxerre job circa 2023 IIRC. He was already 26 and had already won loads of individual prices. I was unable to guide him and Auxerre to glory, but I still swear by him when trying to find a new striker. I kid you not, he was el baixinho reborn.

Jamie Taylor (AM) a FM06 regen who entered perennial champions Workington side through their youth setup in 2061 at the tender age of 14. Even at that short age you could already see he was going to be something special. Started to play 1st team football at the highest european stage at the tender age of 17. At 19 he was already full international for England and Workington's playmaker. When he retired in 2081 (after winning all that can be won at club and nationa level) he entered Workington's coaching staff as assistant manager.

I still shed a tear now and then for those players icon_smile.gif

Maxim Tsigalko (CM4)

Paid £500,000 for him with Man City (having sold Anelka) and he proceeded to score 345 goals for the club in 403 games, in the process winning everything going. Absolute God in my eyes icon_smile.gif

--

Gonzalo Higuain - (FM07)

Took my Spurs side to be the greatest in the world icon_smile.gif Iirc he was the only player who I bought in the 06/07 season to still be around 22 years later, having amassed 617 games, 434 goals, and legendary status at White Hart Lane

My Leeds legend, Jay Jenkins :*)

Was a fb regen signed for £250k, then sold over my head for £4.5m a couple of seasons later. Took a bid of £22.5m to get him back, and he did not dissapoint. Broke all goalscoring records for Leeds United, and made us the biggest club in the world.

Fabio Paim in CM4. Even though he was 15 at the start of the game, he was still better then most the other players in the game.

Sergio Aguero and Gyan Asamoah in FM07 have been two of the best since. Both averaged around 40 goals a season when I had them (both in different saves though).

Gotta be Enzo Scorza on FM06 single handedly took my Wrexham team from :eague 2 Relegation to Championship mid tablers breaking every record at the club except appearances shame it happened so late in the year and FM07 came out.

Anybody remember or had him

Johan Iverson the young Norweigan (i think) who supplied so many goals

There are too many to remember as ive played the CM/FM series since Championship Manager 2 was released. But notbale names are Ronaldinho and Saviola when they were at Gremio I think. Tonton Zola Moukoko, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Zlatan Muslimovic and Fredrik Lagemyr all from the CM days. CM0304 had the likes of Freddy Willian Thompson, Anatoli Todorov, Alessandro Simonetta, Gianpaulo Pazzini, Daniel Braathen, Robinho just to name a few.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Nik Besagno

only in the game if you loaded up the MLS players on FM06/FM07 - Was absolute quality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also a great player! had him at gretna, although i didnt need to load up the MLS for him to be there

Andri Sigþórsson on a Celtic game on CM 99/00

Jesper Hjorth on a Eskilstuna Södra/Colchester United game on CM 99/00

A regen who's name I can't remember, but he was the regen of Wynton Rufer (Oceanic player of the century apparently), helped me win the Confederations Cup, beating the likes of France and Italy in the process, with New Zealand! It was disappointing really, because after a while he left his New Zealand club because he obviously had a higher profile than that, but for some reason no-one would sign him. It went on for like a year, his stats plummeted, so I actually went and managed a Scottish team and signed him, just so he'd have a club! Lost that game soon after to a complete computer failure though icon_frown.gif

For my favourite of all games, B 1913, star players were ... **** can't remember his name. Random Danish striker who I signed on a free, scored 90 odd goals in two seasons for me, then I sold him for 13mil. Paul Ifill, his replacement, not quite as good, but still very very good record! And a fantastic right-back whose name I also can't remember, Lars something, stats weren't even that amazing, but his form averaged about 8!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UELLfan:

That is a close call between three regens:

Francisco Escribano (FLC) a CM0304 regen who entered my Europa de Nava youth setup round 2019. He singlehandedly took us from 2nd Division B to Champions League Glory.

Ricardinho da Souza Alves (ST) a FM05 regen I was introduced to when I took the Auxerre job circa 2023 IIRC. He was already 26 and had already won loads of individual prices. I was unable to guide him and Auxerre to glory, but I still swear by him when trying to find a new striker. I kid you not, he was el baixinho reborn.

Jamie Taylor (AM) a FM06 regen who entered perennial champions Workington side through their youth setup in 2061 at the tender age of 14. Even at that short age you could already see he was going to be something special. Started to play 1st team football at the highest european stage at the tender age of 17. At 19 he was already full international for England and Workington's playmaker. When he retired in 2081 (after winning all that can be won at club and nationa level) he entered Workington's coaching staff as assistant manager.

I still shed a tear now and then for those players icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bugger me youve got some dedication to save games! 2081!?!

Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Fabio Paim in CM4. Even though he was 15 at the start of the game, he was still better then most the other players in the game.

QUOTE]

I remember him! what a ledge he was!

I'm sure thats the same CM where me and my mate discovered Robinho when he was 15 or something.

Guy named Michael Brink (Danish) in a old version (back when it was Championship Manager). 90 some caps at forward, scored about 140 goals. For my club scored about 2 goals a match and often scored 4 or 5. He was absolutely insane. If you are talking FM only a player named Patrick Khamalo (sp?) in 07 was a amazing midfielder. Would absolutely dominate the middle of the park.

Guest Jenno99

The best player I've ever seen was Ibrahima Bakayoko from 96/97 (or something like that), if he got an '8' he had had a bad game. I am still shocked with how rubbish he turned out to be IRL when he signed for Everton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Tonton Zola Moukoko </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A swedish-african winger.Pretty good to use if you are in a lower divison.

Archived