Delaying a signing

Judging by what you are asking I doubt it's relevant because you would have known otherwise but... You can delay a transfer for a few years if the nation rules doesn't allow the player to move at that time. However this is out of your hands so it won't help you unless it is applicable now.

I could see the merit in it kind of. However I'd make it slightly altered... make an agreement that you'd sign them straight away and loan the player back out to them. I think what I say is more common IRL but would be harder to put in the game than delaying the signing.

Paul Robinson, for example told Spurs in the Jan transfer window that if they wanted him then they'd have to agree to loan him straight back to Leeds (this was of course the season we went down). In the end they decided against it because when we did get relegated, and in Jan it was looking like we were going to be, they knew they'd get him cheaper in teh summer. However this isn't always the case that it's a relegation fight. Didn't Man U loan one of the Serbian's they bought straight back out to who they bought him from? Don't quote me on that though. The LUFC one you can but not MUFC!

Archived