Delightful results. Post yours.

On FM08 I became Barca manager after a couple of seasons. I had enough time to bring in new players and in a CL against Kobehavn I won 8-1 and the next (league) game (can't remember my opponent, Getafe rings a bell though) I won 9-2!

Shortly after 09 came along and as Leeds I have had some memorable results...

08-09 Leeds 7 Peterborough 2

09-10 Derby 0 Leeds 5... Leeds 5 Derby 0 (yes I won both 5-0!)

10-11 Leeds 5 Derby 0... Derby 1 Leeds 6 (only now looking them up have I noticed my constant thrashing of Derby!)

11-12 Everton 3 Leeds 4

Massive overhaul, and I mean massive, completely restructured my team.

12-13 (first friendly) Rostock 0 Leeds 9... Leeds 6 QPR 0

13-14 Man U 2 Leeds 6 (don't ask how, I tried a new formation and I guess it worked!)

14-15 Leeds 6 Dortmund 3

15-16 Newcastle 1 Leeds 5

That's as far as I've got... November 2015!

At the moment, barely much time into a new FM09 save with Altrincham, my highlight so far was a 0-0 pre-season draw with a pretty strong Man Utd reserves side that my team "dominated".

Pleased by a nil-nil.... too right when you look at my squad lol!

I won't post a specific result. I will simply say that my most satisfying results are those where you're losing with not long to go, so you shift things round tactically and make a substitution or two, and then watch your side go on and win. I've managed to do that several times on FM09, and it always feels great.

Few of these results smell of cheating lol.. but hey ho, your game do what you will with it 'n all!

Best result for me, either a 1-0 win against Arsenal in the League Cup final with Rushden n Diamonds (12/13) In the championship OR the 0-0 and then 1-0 win against Man Utd in the Semi Final of the same tournament. Now if i can pull that off against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final i'll be singing!

Archived