Gap between defence and midfield

My assistant always tells me that the gap is to big and is constantly being exploited, but i dont know what i can do about it. I have tweaked my tactics many times to try and help this but still he says its to big. This happens to every team i manager aswell. I have my fb mentality set as normal. cb are set as defensive. Then i have one mid that runs back . So i think that the gap isnt to bed. My defensive like in team setup is more that half way. What can be done to help my team?

It refers to the mentality slider settings of your defenders and your midfielders. What is recommended, is that the difference in the mentality slider settings be no more than 4 if I am not mistaken.

For better information, please do have a look at this thread (Tactical Theorems and Frameworks '09 ): http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61144

It will explain the sliders, and the tactical system on a whole, in great detail, and this should aid in your enjoyment of the game. :thup:

Leaving aside your assman's comments, do you observe a lot of chances being created by the opposition as a result of this? I would seriously suggest watching a whole match to see whether it's a real problem. More to the point, are you conceding more than you should?

My assman always tells me my loan striker is being outnumbered by the back 4 (duh!) but I score 2-3 goals a game, so basically I think my assman is one of those guys who just needs to have something to worry about.

Leaving aside your assman's comments, do you observe a lot of chances being created by the opposition as a result of this? I would seriously suggest watching a whole match to see whether it's a real problem. More to the point, are you conceding more than you should?

My assman always tells me my loan striker is being outnumbered by the back 4 (duh!) but I score 2-3 goals a game, so basically I think my assman is one of those guys who just needs to have something to worry about.

If your conceding a lot of goals and you find many of them are scored outside of the area, then address the problem. I for one have a tactic now thats seen me go 9 unbeaten and my assman is forever complaining that the gap between defense and midfield is too big, but the extra man going forward in midfield is still winning me matches, so if your tactic aint broke, dont fix it

I could have just put an arrow pointing up and a "WHS" but im bored waiting for me new patch to download:)

Archived