Who should I play?

The demo conked out on me a few days ago before I'd done much of anything and I'm waiting for the full version to arrive. This gives me plenty of time to contemplate what team I should be. The thought occured to me last night that maybe I should post a sort of "wanted ad." So what do you guys think? Make your case for who I should be.

Some guidelines:

I have no attachment to any team whatsoever. The only team I would specifically like to make succeed is Team USA and I'm not about to take that on just yet. Since I will be learning the game and the sport with this team, they should probably be in the top league in their country. I would prefer to take on a team that is run "the right way," whatever that may mean, with as many character guys as can be had at the top level of professional sport.

In short, I want a class act team that will not present much inherent disadvantage.

Any ideas?

If you want a team that can't really lose, play as any team in the last 16 of the current champions league, give or take a few. Lyon for example, god knows how many consecutive winners of their league, great team, fast on the wings and a strong experienced central midfield. Got some great youth talent in France too which they can get hold of easily.

Not necessarily looking for the best teams or one that can't lose. Just not one that's lower level or plays in a league with crazy rules.

I guess part of what I had in mind was thinking a bit in terms of real life, not just the numbers in the game. I'm basically a free agent fan.

You can try one of the top teams in Germany. They are IRL run quite profitably, however I can't say how they are doing in the game what regards the financial situation. The German league is also amongst the top nations in international football which will allow you to perform well in the european competitions. The level of the teams are quite the same, only Bayern Munich will be very strong. If you want to have a try there, I suggest picking VfB Stuttgart, Schalke 04, HSV or Werder Bremen.

Another good chance would be the Croatian league, although I only heard about it and never tried it. They should have very good youngsters which will help you either to perform or making profits in the future.

Certainly the Dutch league will be interesting, they also have hilarious youngsters and usually a great youth infrastructure (speaking from Ajax or PSV, just to mention the two biggest teams).

Don't try to run a game in Italy, England or Spain if you don't want to manage the big teams in the league (e.g. AC and Inter Milan, the clubs from Manchester and London, Liverpool, Barcelona or Madrid). Ending up with losing every big game gets very frustrating especially in the beginning of the game and you don't want to lose your fun in playing already at your first carreer.

Archived