Which way will best develop my young player?

Currently I have John Fleck on loan at my feeder team Clyde.

I have sold a few first team players and I wouldn't mind taking him back as a backup but I don't know what would be best.

Should I recall Fleck and occasionally take him on as a sub and subject him to my specific and better training regime, or would he be better playing at Clyde where he is probably their best player and is therefore playing every game for them?

Which is better for his develop?

i have a thing that i NEVER loan players to scotland.

dont think the competition is that good for their progression.

at the least you should send a player to 1st div club and no lower.

personally i dont like sending my liverpool players to teams below championship and regularly loan players to fellow prem sides and the top dvisions of spain and italy.

I think loaning them out to lower league clubs actually benefits the player. Where postal wants them to play high level of football for experience, I believe that just playing regular is good enough. So I like to loan my players out to clubs where they will play a fair amount of games. If I ever have a player I think could become great, though, I'll tend not to loan him out, and expose him to my first team early on in his career.

I think the most important thing when your loaning them out is to check the training and youth facilities of where they are going.

Obviously the better they are the more it'll benefit your players.

I usually go for where theyre valuable manager of the first team and at least goog training facilities.

Playing games is incredibly important in a players development, so unless Fleck is going to get regular appearances for you, you'd be much better leaving him at Clyde, or if he is good enough, sending him to Bristol.

The most important part is knowing that your going to be sending the player to a club not only where he can get games, but be competitive. It's no good sending a player to a club where he is below the standard of the other players, even if he is likely to play as he is likely to struggle, where as if the player is far above the standard he will be playing at, then you run the risk of him stagnating.

If you feel Fleck is good enough to play for Bristol, send him there.

depends on your training facilities and coaches. also having the player at your squad can lead to him being tutored and thus pick up mental attributes and the much in need PPMs (player prefered moves).

I have found that runnning a 16-18yo in reserves/ maybe half year to 1 year load can be good but once over 18 i tend to keep in my reserves or include as sub in games i expect to win. playing in first team games is HUGE. even starting him once he gets to 19-20 yrs old depending on how looking and subbing at half time if needed. i find a good team with good tactics can carry 1 poor player in the squad and still play well.... ive brought on 3 or 4 wonderkids this way and now they are simply amazing as ive been able to customise them to my taste (setting personal training schedules i have 20 yo winger crossing 20, corners 19, dribbling 20, pace 18)

i think it takes two things into account.

the quality of training facilities

first team match experience (<STRIKE>only know this one because there a hidden value in fmm that shows match experience which resets every season</STRIKE>

i dont think it takes into account the quality of the league, i think that will only determine reputation

18-20 year olds benefit from playing 10-15 1st team games in your club , low league doesn't really help , also playing in an inactive league doesn't help either , i have loan players to Primera Liga , Portuguese and Turkish Premiership and the result was 5-7 CA points at max while sitting in my bench and playing 10 games as substitutes + 10 games as starters often gave em +10 points of CA.

Playing them too much will only slow down their process .

B team football is also effective ... if you have a B team .

Here's my dilemma: I'm using Toronto FC in the MLS, with a reputation in the low 5000's and good training/average youth facilities. I have two feeder clubs that I can loan players to- one is in the Canadian Soccer League (Toronto Croatia) and the other is in the American Developmental League (Toronto Lynx.) I load up on foreign talent before the season starts and ship them to one of the clubs before I have to submit my roster for the season. What should I do afterwards? Should I keep them with their loan team, where they can play as first teamers, or do I bring them back to Toronto FC to train and play with my reserve team? Playing for Toronto Croatia, my players generally average in the mid-six range for games, while with Toronto Lynx they can average above 7 (sadly, this is no longer an easy way to inflate player values like it was in FM07.) However, both of these teams have poor training facilities and my players tend to decline despite playing first-team football. Should I bring the players back to my reserve team and hope that my better facilities make up for the lack of first team action?

Archived