Attribute suggestion

Hi,

Wouldn't it be good for backroom staff to have a media handling attribute?

I dont know if there is one already, i havnt seen it, my ass man is always answering questions wrong, regarding who he thinks will win the championship, as well as upsetting my players, giving away tactics plans.

Wouldnt it be good to view how good staff are at handling the media, so that you know who to trust when you send your ass man to take the interview?

That way there is another factor when deciding who you want to be your assistant manager:thup:

All thoughts welcome

I think either Man Handling or Motivating or a combination of both must be responsible for how Assistant Managers handle the conferences and team talks. Not sure which one it is, I haven't actually checked, but I don't think that this has been left to luck.

I agree. I chose Alex Gibson as AssMan for City as he has 19s for JA,JP, but he keeps answering that Man U will win the title!

One option is to assign a stat to the staff that is either based upon their performance in the media or upon their relavant clubs researchers opinion of how good they would be at handling the media... Thus, SAF would have a stat tat everyone would know, but Scunthorpes 1st team coach would have to be guessed at by the researcher.

Surely this wouldn't be too far removed from the current situation with coaching attributes?

I thought that assistent handle media questions in combination of the Coaching style + motivation skill?

I have and assistent with Coaching style: Offensive and motivation: 19 and he keeps saying: "We're gonna attack" even against big opponents :D

the thing is though. despite the fact that the man city admitting that man utd will win the title in a press conference does seem stupid because of the rivalry. they probably base their answer on the title odds, which in the first season man utd are expected to win. the case is that the assistant doesnt realise man utd are fierce rivals and therefore wont say they will win the title. now how can you change that?

the thing is though. despite the fact that the man city admitting that man utd will win the title in a press conference does seem stupid because of the rivalry. they probably base their answer on the title odds, which in the first season man utd are expected to win. the case is that the assistant doesnt realise man utd are fierce rivals and therefore wont say they will win the title. now how can you change that?

Answer the first 2 press conferences yourself ... problem solved :D

I got bored quickly of answering press conferences before, say, Hull or Stoke, so my AssMan handles all but the big games, and then says stupid things... You should be able to program them to say something, perhaps? Like, set it up so they always say that you will win the title... or that player x is the most important, etc.

It's not a bad idea, although how would you assign this attribute to those staff that haven't been seen in the media?

I would assign this attribute to them anyway, as most staff can be offered better roles in the game, coaches can be offered ass man contracts and so on.

Its an attribute most staff shoulld have.

I think this could also be applied to players, and make player interviews a part of the game:thup:

The captain is usually interviewed at the end of a game and sometimes the man of the match IRL

Why not in the game?

Skorp has a point, in that it would be difficult for researchers to assign each back room staff member an attribute number for media handling, as not that many of them have been seen handling the media, therefore there is nothing to base the research on.

However, I feel the user should have some way of knowing which staff members will be better than others, although their personalties should play a part as well so that it's not simply a case of a staff member with a high X attribute is good at handling the media every time.

I think it's a good idea to have the media handling attribute. It could be a random number for those staff people that do not have much media interaction, or it could apply only to AssMan staff. Also, it would have to work in conjunction with other attributes such as Motivation, much like the Set Pieces attribute works with Technique and other attributes.

Archived