I have unusually played a few seasons in (re Rep)

Coop

Normally I play a couple of seasons and start again.

Anyway I'm Rangers. I'm a few seasons in and my star players (namely Ramires, Keirrison and Bojan) are refusing to sign new contracts. No one will offer a good fee for them either (by this I mean twice their value so that i can sign someone else).

I think this is largely due to my rep which is currently National (despite just winning the league and reaching the latter stages of the CL). Considering I start as Continental, and have been succesful, this is a bit of a joke. Rangers only having a national rep? Aye right!! We may not have the money to compete with the top English teams but the one thing ourselves and Celtic certainly have is (club) reputation, and that reputation far exceeds Scotlands borders.

I seem to moan about rep every year but unless you play in England this can become a problem. It may well be hard to program but reputation of leagues (which I imagine is holding back my club rep) really does need to be able to gradually improve if results in Europe improve.

Looks like I'll be starting another game soon. There's not much point in bringing in good players, winning things, and despite that having my rep fall so far that I cannot keep them or sign equivalent players.

Whether people consider this realistic or not is irrelevant. All that matters to me is that it spoils the game. Surely starting as Continental and being successful should at least keep your rep at the starting level?

Strangley the longest game I've played was the one I moved the Old Firm to the EPL. The only reason i quit that after several seasons was that it wasn't realistic (we clearly do not play in England IRL).

I thought I would look up the editor and maybe improve the leagues rep by one.

What surprised me was that the Ukrainian league had a higher rep. This league is not ranked above Scotland in the Uefa rankings (although they will be at the end of this season for the first time since 2001, but that's irrelevant to this years game unless SI had a crystal ball).

I feel that the Uefa ranking of Countries should be used in the game to fluctuate the reputation of leagues. Let's face it, the reason the EPL is ranked so highly just now is the success of their teams in the CL.

I thought I would look up the editor and maybe improve the leagues rep by one.

What surprised me was that the Ukrainian league had a higher rep. This league is not ranked above Scotland in the Uefa rankings (although they will be at the end of this season for the first time since 2001, but that's irrelevant to this years game unless SI had a crystal ball).

I feel that the Uefa ranking of Countries should be used in the game to fluctuate the reputation of leagues. Let's face it, the reason the EPL is ranked so highly just now is the success of their teams in the CL.

The amount of money sloshing around a league also increases it reputation. The Ukrainian(sp?) league has a few clubs with a lot more money then any of the clubs in the SPL, so it has a higher rep in the game. Money is the only reason I can see that means the EPL gets rated above La Liga and Serie A all of which are about the same level in pure football terms.

Archived