Anyone Still Play Past Versions

Yeah I have a mate who does that. Fair enough. Couldn't do it myself. I like to be up-to-date with every aspect (gameplay, new features, AI, transfers - not that it matters when you get to 2030 icon_smile.gif)

I hope I'm done and dusted with FM08 by the time FM09 comes out! Might give myself an extra month to polish things off before buying it.

my fm06 real madrid save got mangled by my antivirus so i can't see histories, otherwise i would continue that. i was back on 07 for a short while before 8.0.2 came out, but i still (rarely) play my longest career save on CM 00-01.

i have CM 03/04 on my computer and every now and then i go back and keep my Basel FC game going, until my recent game with liverpool it was my best ever.

tried to play my 99/00 game but for some reason it keeps saying i don't have the memory to start a new game? WTF?? i can run FM 08 with 40+ leagues running (that's only about 8 nations), but i can't run 99/00? would anyone know why that is?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

I play FM 07 because I didnt really get on with FM08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too and one of my friends has done this aswell

I recently played cm 01/02 on my old laptop when visiting relatives.

I also occasionally play older versions in breaks at work with a a few other lads. My fave to quickly play is CM Italia 93. quality game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

I always put down the old version when the new one comes out, but i still go back and play the old school versions with

Laudrup and Gascoigne. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh man you've inspired me to have a game of that tonight. Always a toughy deciding on Goughy or John Brown as captain.

Unfortunately I also have the versions with Emerson and Kanchelskis in the first team squad icon_mad.gif

I moved back to 07 when my new(ish) PC decided to blow its top, while waiting 2 weeks for the part & an engineer to turn up I got hooked on my new 07 mini save. That was nearly a month ago & I've not loaded 08 since, not sure why but I don't really miss the new features.

I'm still playing FM05.

Managed about six months on 08, but couldn't bear to leave my old save.

Regretting that choice slightly at the moment as I've just joined Burscough and my team is beyond terrible. But we will persevere...

Archived