unwinnable games

I was on a run of about nine draws in a row (including Manchester United, Chelsea, and Coventry City) and desperately needed a win. I was against Reading, away, and beat them 3-1. Later on, my laptop turned itself off for some reason and my last save was before the game.

I cannot win this game. I'm doing well, 11th in the league, Reading are bottom and have lost their last 5 games, and it's just unbelievable. They play it around like brazil, one-touch football, inch-perfect passes, at an incredible speed. I must have played the match about 20 times now, i'm expected to win clearly and I can't even get close to victory. I've tried every tactic imaginable. Even if we lose 3-0, most of my team are on 7's and the rest 6's, not even the telling '5.6' or something for the defenders/keeper.

I may have to accept a draw

I did win once, but the same tactic failed to produce anything like that result, and my star striker and only first-team goalkeeper were injured for over a month, and one of my ageing defenders suffered a career-ending tackle, so I thought 'i'm not having that'

Absolutely hate when something like that happens. I remember taking my League 1 Oxford into the semi finals of the League cup against Arsenal and beat them with a really late goal... only for the game to crash. Must have taken me about 4723579284375 attempts to finally get my win back after losing every game... went on to lose 1-0 to Chelsea with an injury goal in the final :(

In last years game i beat Arsenal in the CL final only to lose the game due to a power cut. It took me hours, and plenty of hair pulling, to repeat that result. It can be infuriating.

What seems unusual about yours of course is that you are a big favourite for the tie.

I had a VERY lucky cup run in the League Cup with Rusdhen 'n Diamonds, beat Utd 1-0 at home after keeping them tied at Old Trafford to get me in a Final match against Arsenal. I saved before the game and played it till half time and was getting thrashed 3-0, I got called out for the night and turned it off expecting a similar if not more depressing scoreline when i tried again.

Came back to it the day after and I won the game 1-0, they had 2 pens they both missed. VERY lucky again lol, had 6 people in defense at the end... but I suffered a really bad injury on my star winger and had to decide, cup win or have my match winning player back for the last few matches to try for a spot in the play offs...

I kept the cup win but have had some upsetting draws since in the championship and can probably kiss promotion this season goodbye... I am in a semi final place in the FA Cup tho against chelsea so we'll see... damn team being good in the cups lol! I am in europe next season tho so that'l be a laugh.

Archived