At the end of each season my Job Status goes back to stable

At the end of each season my Job Status goes back to stable...erm why?

This makes absolutely no sense. As if in real life Arsenal ignore what Wenger's achieved in the past.

Very annoying for a long term game

Yet another example of the game not appreciating our achievements, loyalty etc.

I think it's down to the fact that at the start of each season there are new expectations, so the board must wait and see if you have the potential to achieve. So even if you managed to win an unexpected promotion and they adore you, at the start of the new season they'll be expecting you to i.e "battle against relegation", and they await the results.

Also I've noticed that the job status improves rapidly, usually after 4 or 5 games, if you're doing as or even better than expected (provided you had been succesfull during the previous season).

yh this annoys me aswell

*afraid that this post will be deemed as spam and infraction points will be recieved*

You got a red card for that?

Good lord...

Anyway, I would understand if it went from a worse position to stable but it seems you're saying it goes from a better position to stable. I suppose you have a point but it may be being done to represent the progress of the club. I don't think Newcastle are quite aiming for a Champions League spot any more, for example.

But surely if I've won multiple promotions my status would be very secure regardless of whether i've had a bad season. And surely you job status going back to stable at the start of each season affects the following;

. the boards response to an ultimatum

. chances of being added to favourite personel/ club icons

. amount of time board gives the manager if things aren't going well this season

• Administrators

Basically at the end of a season confidence generally drops down one level (if you're above satisfied), so if they are pleased, it'll become satisfied, if they are delighted it'll become pleased etc. This has knocks on to stability.

Obviously at the start of each season expectations do change IRL, a great season can be quickly forgotten in the harsh realities of football so this is how it is implemented into the game. They definitely do take into account previous seasons mind, but as said, a manager can quickly go from the top to no job in football.

Thanks for the repplies. But I feel this need more looking into. As the start of each season I've gone back to stable (which is the level you are on when you first get the job), after being on the level very secure after achieving unexpected promotions. Meaning my team haven't kicked a ball since being promoted yet my job stability has gone back to stable.

On another ocassion playing as Southampton in the Premiership, I was in mid-season and my job status was very secure. I then played 4 games in a row against the top 4. I lost all 4 games but we weren't disgraced in any of the games. After this my job status went to very insecure. I thought this was quite obsurd.

• Administrators

If you have a save game which shows this, please post the issue in the bugs forum and provide a save game to our FTP and let us know, we'd be very interested at looking into this if it is as you say. Let us know either way, thanks.

Archived