Possibly the BIGGEST online apology I have ever made....

Over the past few months I have tried and tried to crack the secrets of FM09 and failed at each attempt, all advice given by memebers of this forum seemed to fall on deaf ears on my players/tactics etc.

I have seen the light (and the error of my ways)

After being linked to a thread which included the TT&F I have seen success on a realistic scale and have come to see how truly wondeful the game has become. It is at this point I would like to apologise for my numerous rants to both SI and anyone else who was in my way at time. I take back every word, the smile has been put back on my footballing managing face once again, after a long and barren 2-3 seasons stuck in frustration I am BACK.

I would like to thank this guy or girl who linked me to the thread although I cannot rightly remember your user name and especially thank WWFAN who created the TT&F.

You are a God on these forums in my eyes.

Many Thanks

Sam!

:thup:

ahhh haha i see. but ye 442 diamond, didnt have a GREAT DM either but he did the job and got me promoted in 1st place just about with Nurnberg, we had a very realistic mid season glitch as well. so no more silly 28 point margins to win by lol

and FWIW ;-) i even stopped feeling the need to save before each game to win, having the game so realistic seemed to have had a 'take it on the chin' effect on me when losing or drawing against poor teams.

Definitely. I was in the same boat where I was frustrated (and not quite furious) and was on the brink of giving up the ghost, but instead of quitting I swallowed some pride and entered the tactical forum, the people in there were nice, nothing like I had expected, they sat me down and I dined on tea and crackers and then I read the TT&F. I didn't take a whole lot from it but I certainly took what I need from it, which is probably the point behind the TT&F.

Ever since CM4 I've had the same formation but reading the TT&F allowed me to supplement and spice things up with regards to the individual tactics and whatnot.

Major props to wwfan.

If more people actually took the time to read the TT&F and stopped acting like little old ladies then they would get more joy and success from the game.

That's the whole point of the Tactics Forum. You'll find a generally friendly bunch in there who are happy to help where it's wanted.

It's nothing to be embarraced about if you're struggling for some reason or other. The game has become more technical over the years, so it's always helpful to know there's a good source of information to seek aid from.

Great thread. I know exactly how SammyBoy felt!

I played myself through FM06, 07 and 08 in a kind of blind stupor not really knowing what I was doing. I got enjoyment from the games but it didn't last long because I thought the game was merely some random thing.

After spending hours and hours in the TT&F thread when I purchased FM09, (and many other threads like it) the game really came alive for me. All of a sudden I knew WHY one tactic was failing and another had success. The game really is a piece of magic.

Cheers.

So basically the game was cack until you had some success ?

No, he wasn't enjoying it until he had some success. Given that he wasn't understanding why things weren't working (which is a fundamental weakness of the game in its current state), he was frustrated. He then expressed that frustration in a couple of online rants. Now he understands how things work, he's enjoying himself again.

So basically the game was cack until you had some success ?

well it would be for me too tbh.... but thats putting it too simply... I can understand where the mans coming from..

until you understand the tactical side of the game you cant really enjoy it ..not as you should anyway

understanding exactly why agbonlahor kept losing my marker and knowing how to counter that is a wonderful thing... especially when i see the speedy lil git in jagielka's pocket for the rest of the game and see my everton team dominate like in real life with a team effort and not superstars

great post .......its what the game should/is about learning tactical knowledge etc etc. trying things sometimes its frustrating but thats part of the fun!...... some want to play 10 seasons in a week winning every game and going unbeaten if they dont well......the game must be crap!!!!!

good on you mate

nice to see the thread has continued into the next day and that there are others that had the same problem as me, iv read through every post but by far my fave has to be the guy speaking about acid and the 70's haha.

hmmmm back to work...oh wait no, my managers back is turned im going to take a peek at some other threads!

TT&F ALL THE WAY OHHHHHH YES

I have to say kudos to the OP for this post, not enough people make positive steps to try and change things when they are struggling, they just come on here and whinge so fair play for taking the issue into your own hands.

On a different subject i really don't thing the TT&F gets the praise it deserves on these boards, without that gem of a guide i'd be totally lost so a big thanks to everyone who put it together.

just remember HAVE A DM AND AM DOING RESPECTIVE DUTIES AND YOU'LL BE FINE

Have had lots of success but never play with a DM and the AMs are AMR and AML. Glad you have found success but don't fall into the trap of believing there is one solution - what works for you in this league may not work for someoneone else or for you in a different league, with a different team etc etc.

Have had lots of success but never play with a DM and the AMs are AMR and AML. Glad you have found success but don't fall into the trap of believing there is one solution - what works for you in this league may not work for someoneone else or for you in a different league, with a different team etc etc.

yea good point. i think its all down to one line in TTF, don't try to play super football if your players aren't capable of it. i.e. don't emulate Brazil with Doncaster Rovers.

Nice to see someone taking the brilliant advice on board that people spend a lot of time and effort creating :thup:

I was in the same boat back in 2005/2006 ish and the guys in the tactics forum helped me out back then. Using the basic principals that I learned from people like wwfan all those years ago I've been able to create my own tactics, have decent success, and hopefully at times help others out (it's all taken a lot longer for me with '09 though).

So again, it's nice to see some people giving some credit where it's due for once.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived