Tutors

Ok firstly I don't use it very much, should I?

Second, I understand why it would be a good idea to have a defender coached by another defender, but I think it would be a good idea if you didn't have to assign tutors to a position, eg, on my save I signed Beckham at arsenal suerly his knowledge and experience is valuable to any player not just wingers and centre midfielders.

Also another thing that bugs me is when a youth player can't see the point in being tutored by a top player, I had van Persie work with one of my youth players only for the youth player to say he didn't see the benefit, I personally don't understand that.

Any thoughts?

Tutoring can be beneficial (sorry small Mac, couldn't think of another adjective [noparse];)[/noparse]): it's really only a transfer of mental attributes, but personally I think it's overrated. Generally, players learn little from their tutors and I wouldn't despair if I realised that I'd forgotton to set up tutoring for the last season or so. However, it is a good idea with which to experiment, as typically there is no disadvantage (if you follow common sense laws) and you can gauge how good a tutor is.

Generally, as I think you've pinpointed, veteran players are the better tutors but mental attributes must be well-tuned in order to offer a good tutoring. It could be argued that having your potential striker be tutored by your defensive forward can help him become a defensive striker rather than a generic one, but I'm not too sure about this as really the mental attribute differences between an attacking and defensive striker aren't too important.

I agree with you that very influential players should be able to tutor those youngsters who don't play in their position, but I'm not sure how erronous the results would be with such a feature. Young players might not see the benefit due to a judgement of themselves and their ability to learn, or perhaps a variation in technical attribute spread between the tutor and tutee, and although generally those who say they don't see the benefit are right, it's worth seeing the tutoring partnership through anyway.

Tutoring is very important later on, most newgens/regens have awful hidden stats as pressure loyality or sometimes ambition ond consistency.

It can also improve mental stats such as Determination and the other ones, so yeah very useful and did I tell you about the faster improving of youngsters who are tutored?

Archived