How did they steal my player?

I know for a fact I didn't accept a bid of £0 for one of my hot prospects, even saw them trying to pinch him from under my eyes so offered him a new contract but that wasn't enough to keep him. I just want to know how they managed it so I can avoid my players being pinched for nothing in future.

Here is the players contract details, as you can see, full time and it wasn't expiring.

playersteal.png

The traitor that is happy to have joined Norwich.

hutchinson.png

I know for a fact I didn't accept a bid of £0 for one of my hot prospects, even saw them trying to pinch him from under my eyes so offered him a new contract but that wasn't enough to keep him. I just want to know how they managed it so I can avoid my players being pinched for nothing in future.

Here is the players contract details, as you can see, full time and it wasn't expiring.

The traitor that is happy to have joined Norwich.

When you offered him a new contract was it at least the same if not better than one he was on before? as if it wasnt a young player can leave for free.

Does he like Drag?
He's a canary, not a fairy...though he could still be a fan of Dragenham & Redlippie :p

Has nobody noticed the earrings as well? :) Surely that's got to be a woman and there's a teeny bug in the regen generator :D Oh God, I have to test that just for fun :D

But anyway, on topic, what HellFira's mentioned is probably the cause of it. I'm assuming a contract was offered when the kid turned 17 in February, and was re-negotiated (but a slightly worse deal) in July, and Norwich took advantage of that and got to pinch him for free.

Dalimyr, we actually have a fan who continually dresses up as a fairy, he is known as the canary fairy, and often gets on the local media etc, which annoys me immensely as the bloke is a total moron, and a complete embarrassment to the club, and us normal fans (yes we have normal fans at Norwich ;~) )

When you offered him a new contract was it at least the same if not better than one he was on before? as if it wasnt a young player can leave for free.

Can only do this at the end of his contract though. It's either a bug or he may have accidentally ticked the accept all offers or whatever it is button in the guy's transfer status screen.

Dalimyr, we actually have a fan who continually dresses up as a fairy, he is known as the canary fairy
Learn something new every day. Hehe.
the bloke is a total moron, and a complete embarrassment to the club, and us normal fans (yes we have normal fans at Norwich ;~) )
Ah, now is that "normal" in the usual sense, or NFN? :p

Not really a big loss, his technical attributes are appauling. I cant really see him becoming anything more than a decent player.

He wasn't the best player ever, but as Northampton get awful crowds in I was working at half the wage budget so having a good versatile player like that is always useful, nice to bring them up from the academy too.

Still in league 1 after so many seasons.....Thought you would have at LEAST got them up to the champ by now

I am doing a career game. Started unemployed, took newly promoted Hendon up to the BSP then went to Northampton who were in League Two and fortunately got them promoted via the playoffs in my first season. I have moved on to Southampton now who are in the same league as Northampton now as they have better attendances, youth system and finances, but I'm doing appauling, one win in my first seven, couldn't even beat Stalybridge in the FA Cup.

Better. I knew Norwich would of been a big temptation and wanted to keep him as his wage and £3 goal bonuses weren't very motivating for him.

Still in league 1 after so many seasons.....Thought you would have at LEAST got them up to the champ by now

Thats all I can think of actually, I tried to flog off a lot of my players the transfer window the season before so could have been left by then, but I still think it may be down to a bug as I'd never tick that intentionally for any player.

• 1 month later...

I am doing a career game. Started unemployed, took newly promoted Hendon up to the BSP then went to Northampton who were in League Two and fortunately got them promoted via the playoffs in my first season. I have moved on to Southampton now who are in the same league as Northampton now as they have better attendances, youth system and finances, but I'm doing appauling, one win in my first seven, couldn't even beat Stalybridge in the FA Cup.

Respect for you!!! There are a lot of little bugs and you see them as you advance in the game.

I also started unemployed and I played 5 years at Farsley Celtic. I started in BSN and now I'm in Ligue 1 on 2nd place.1st year a lost promotion in playoff.(damn it!!!!) I found a lot of bugs especially in the history of a player, and also in the histoy of me as a manager...some information disappeared... but you'll get used to. It's surprising that you received offers from such teams. I just received offers from clubs of 2nd division in Romania. Probabily becouse I'm romanian in the game...:)as in the real life:D. No other foreign team wants me... I'll probabily take UCL with Farsley...

If you have 'assistant manager takes control of contract renewals' for your 018 squad ticked in team settings then you are giving your ass. man license to set all your youngsters to accept offers of 0 or above. I lost a great young prospect at Milan because of it.

Archived