Would it be good if you Scrap 3D for FM2010

Would you like to see FM scrap 3D?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see FM scrap 3D?

• Yes
    • No

Alot of people aren't really happy with FM09 and the main problem is 3D IMO...I can't play FM09 cause I can't buy a Graphics system (Too young) and I believe alot of people have gone off the game cause of it!....People can't play it and people still haven't got used to it!...I think even though people will call it a success that we should scrap 3D for FM2010 and go back to good old 2D!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you cant play the 3dME then the option isnt available to play it if your graphics are not good enough, FM is still playable without it.

AS to the question, you will get mixed responses, some will want it out others will want it to stay, but with massive improvements

A big no from me.

The way forward is to improve on it, not scrap it.

I can empathise with your situation of not yet having the capacity to make financial decisions on your own due to your young age, but having said that there are also many out there who have such a capability to maintain a computer that is current with their gaming needs. Besides, FM 09's requirements are hardly off the charts either.

For those whose systems are unable to handle the game (non-bug related), this may be a harsh thing to say but you should take it as a sign that you have to keep up with the times and get your pc a much needed upgrade.

A big no from me too.

If you don't like 3D ME dont use it. it's not hard to set it to 2D match view is it.

And your poll is already indicating that the majority of the people that have replied so far like the introduction of the new 3D ME.

Personally i think the 3D ME is fantastic, for one the vertical scrolling view reminds me of Sensible Soccer on the Amiga that i used to play some 20 yrs ago!! And secondly, you can actually see whats happening in the 3D ME. Where as in 2D, alot was left to your imagination...and you would "imagine" how the goal was scored. The 3D ME makes it possible to now see exactly how it was scored...i think it's fantastic and it can surely only improve with each new version of the game.

I know there are quite a few bugs with the 3D ME, but S.I are addressing this as fast as they can...maybe once the new patch comes out...people will appreciate the 3D view more. This is just my opinion though. If you dont like 3D ME fair enough. Personally i think it's great, and say well done to S.I for making the game even more enjoyable. Hopefully in FM2010 we will have fans in the stadiums etc etc. Who knows where it will go from here...but i for one can't wait to see how the new 3D ME develops over the coming years. :thup:

No.

If you can't use it for whatever reason thats too bad but theres still the 2D version in the game.

A 3D view is clearly the natural progression as football is a three dimensional game, certainly the current 3D can be improved upon in many aspects and I'm sure it will be improved in the next version and versions to come. Saying that it should be removed is like saying you got horses as transport what you doing messing around with cars/trains/planes for when the very first ones you see aren't particularly mind blowing.

SO people that can afford to get the game running the way its intended (bugs apart) should suffer because some cant get it to run?

No offence but thats mental. The 2D match engine was about 4 years old and in gaming terms thats a long time to stick to the one thing. It was the natural and only way for the SI guys to go.

let's all cry like impatient kids and just scrap the 3D engine for next years version and go back to viewing small irritating dots on a 2d screen like how the real managers watch a game

or wait? let's maybe let them imrpove it before we throw our toys out the pram?

newsflash SI's 1st attempt at 3D was never going to be a damn masterpiece but atleast let them improve it for next time with a good basis for error

I didnt like it at first, but i went back and played FM08 for a bit and it just didnt feel the same watching blobs running around again. Some people on here might not necessarily like it, but the vast majority of FM players, who dont visit the site and arent aware of all the negative comments about it, would definitely wonder why if it was taken out. It would take the game backwards in my opinion.

As long as there is still 2D, no need to scrap anything. Just make sure those who use 2D don't suffer performance issues because of the 3D engine like it seems to be the case now. I have a good system which runs the 3D view smoothly and yet the 2D view is jerky at times. This never happened in FM 08. Not cool SI ;)

FM 2010 will give us a much better idea where SI are going with this 3D thing. If they plan on improving the animations drastically, I will definitely consider switching to 3D. I don't expect or even want FIFA graphics. Just give us something that actually resembles a football match.

The FIfa 95 graphics are not a bad thing, if they were more advanced the system requirements would be much higher

How does that work out? Surely there is something wrong if a game with graphics from 1995 has system requirements from 2009?

Considering that the 3d match engine wasn't really a consideration for me when I finally relented and bought FM09, I quite like it.

Like anything new, I'm sure it will be improved, both visually and any performance related issues. So for me, keep it.

I'm not even fussed about the detail. I'd rather it was optimised to stop running like a hog than see bloody stepovers in slow motion.

Ultimately FM has always been about the data and gameplay, the 3D is nice, works seamlessly here, but is a little heavy on resources for what it is and is only cosmetic.

I love the 3D match engine. Don't see why I should be punished and have it removed from my enjoyment of the game coz someone can't play it on their older system.

"We're thinking of making a new Aston Martin."

"Can't."

"Why?"

"Johnny Student can't buy it."

SI will have already started work on FM10, with the 3D graphics in tow. Dropping them now would, I imagine, set them back a considerable amount.

That negates the entire subject as far as I am concerned.

Although;

That's not to even mention that I really can't see SI dropping the 3D now. They've made a bold statement in adding it to the game and dropping it would be a bit of an embarrassment for them.

Don't worry eternal doubters, a year's work will see improvements in the 3D and the match engine.

So many have so little faith.

all these 3D haters tut tut

i can handle 3D but i choose to use 2D so it dont bother me.....all these kids saying they cant play 09 is bull even with 1GB and a Graphics Card from PC Fail you can run 2d at an acceptable level...i should know i only just upgraded my Ram and my Graphics card aint all that.

should all will be kept

I think for fm10 it should come without the 3d so people with not a very big graphics system can play it or if people just dont like it, but for the people who want to play it on 3d (like me) there should be something you can download to get the 3d

I don't see the major flaw with the graphics, you can still see what the players are doing. What real difference does it make if you cant see a players number or the exact number of stripes on his shirt? You can still get a very good impression of what is happening with your players, and if it's a really big problem, there's no compulsory requirement to actually turn 3d on. So I don't really see why you should get rid of the 3d view, if you've got a problem with games moving forward go and play the first fm/cm. Unforetunately for many, it's just life that technology gets better and moves on faster.

Archived