Idea regarding player valuation

Was thinking about player values, and I realise it's not a massive problem, but I think it would be a nice enhancement to the game.

When a club bids for one of your players, surely he is now worth that amount. After all, if you accept the bid and he signs for that club, his new value is where he starts off.

EG, you have a LB worth £2m. Real Madrid bid £5m. Whether you accept or not, surely, at that moment in time, he is worth £5m. If the game then increases his value to £5m it can work backwards depending on his contrubution over the next couple of months.

A couple of benefits to this: 1) asthetic value. It's nice to see your players appreciated in monetary terms. 2) will stop another club coming in with bids of LESS than the highest bid. In my example, rejecting a £5million bid should stop another club coming in with £4million, and 3) the morale of the player.

Thoughts on this?

I like it :thup:

Have always thought that a players value should more dynamic than it is. Your idea would work very well IMO, seeing as when you actually by a player for £xx million, his value becomes that amount, so surely he is worth that even if the transfer doesn't go ahead?

EG, you have a LB worth £2m. Real Madrid bid £5m. Whether you accept or not, surely, at that moment in time, he is worth £5m.

Fraid not. At that moment in time he is worth £5m to Real Madrid and not necessarily worth £5m in general.

What happens if 3 clubs bid different amounts for the same player?

Fraid not. At that moment in time he is worth £5m to Real Madrid and not necessarily worth £5m in general.

What happens if 3 clubs bid different amounts for the same player?

Beaten to the post. It's all about club valuations of resources, Man City for instance value getting a Brazilian striker at about 30 million pounds if, for instance Villa were to go in for the same striker they would probably offer considerably less, they have less money therefore they value their current assets above said striker. This being said they may be willing to offer £20 million for the player.

What i'm trying to say is that a players value is not constant, it fluctuates with form, age, injuries etc. Also value is relative to the person in question, just because you think a player is worth £30 million doesn't make it so, conversely just because a team is willing to spend £30 million to buy said player also doesn't mean he is worth it.

That there is something that needs to change according to bids thats a fact.

Im thinking that value's should relate more to performances. Nowadays i see too many players who dont even play more then 10 games a season get transfered for €40 mil or even more. For example Fabregas transfered to Milan for €40 mill from Arsenal. He spend three seasons at Milan playing a whopping 12 games for them with a beautifull avg rating of 6.12 . He got al sorts of injuries and didnt fit in the team well enough to keep a first team spot. Then after those three years he transfered to FC Barcelona for €70 mill...Uhm hello? A guy who has played less then 15 games in 3 season worth 70 mil? come on thats a load of bs if you ask me.

I think it would be fair to let the values of the players should be related to their performances/stats instead of their PA and CA. If a player gets a 5.36 avg in a season he shouldnt be sold for more money then he was brought in cause he 'flopped' at his new club.

Not a bad idea. His value, after all, should be what other teams are willing to pay for him.

The problem with that is, which team do you base it on? I've seen players with 3 clubs bidding for them and the bids have been very different, so how do you determine his value in that instance?

The problem with that is, which team do you base it on? I've seen players with 3 clubs bidding for them and the bids have been very different, so how do you determine his value in that instance?

Good point.

We'd like all our players to have Man City's valuation of him :D

I'd say the highest.

But also, as others have pointed out, when you sign a player for £5million his value is actually £5million.

I did think about the perception of value, that is to say, for eg, Wayne Bridge is worth £7million to Man City because their best LB is Michael Ball, but to Man U they might offer £3million for him to sign as backup for Evra.

But if you reject a bid of £5million for a player currently worth £3million, then really that's two clubs that value him as £5million (or more); his parent club and a club that's scouted him.

But if you reject a bid of £5million for a player currently worth £3million, then really that's two clubs that value him as £5million (or more); his parent club and a club that's scouted him.

That's not necessarily true in terms of FM though. There have been many instances of offers being turned down by parent clubs, but lower offers accepted from AI clubs. An example would be, me trying to sign Huntelaar on 08 for £15m and having my bid rejected, but Newcastle's £9m bid being accepted.

Now my reasoning for that is, that the AI knows i'm filthy rich so they are trying to get as much as possible out of me, that doesn't mean they actually value the player at higher than £15m, if that was the case they wouldn't accept the Newcastle bid.

Archived