Compensation for under 24s Bosmans

Have the Bosman rules changed! I am playing Brighton in Championship and have 21 year finnish winger Korhonen, who is excellent, coach says would be leading premiership player.

Unfortunately his contract is up, will not sign new one, and try as I might cannot get any money for him. As Brighton I expect some players will leave but we do need cash more than most. Over a period of reboot and resaves tried everything- half the continent was willing to offer him contract but no money except QPR who were offering £3.5 mill. Could find no way offering him to just QPR. Seem to remember previous versions you could target specific teams.

He has now signed for Auxerre and as far as I can see will get zilch for my most valuable player.

Always thought Bosman rule only ruled out compensation for over 24's, and in game when I target similar under 24's their is usually compensation I am expected to pay.

Is this rule change or bug?

has the transfer officially happened? If you are out of the transfer window it won't say anything but once the transfer goes through on 1st of Jan or 1st of July then you will be given your compensation then I think. Although if u got him off another club instead of developing him yourself all the way through then you might not get anything for him. Just wait till the transfer goes through

You usually get a fee for under 24's, you won't know how much, until he moves though.

OK wait till July first - see if I get anything for him - doubt it will be £3.5 mill, but hopefully as am in playoff position will be premiership by then so will try to buy him back.

thanks

Over a period of reboot and resaves tried everything- half the continent was willing to offer him contract but no money except QPR who were offering £3.5 mill. Could find no way offering him to just QPR. Seem to remember previous versions you could target specific teams.

Just offer him to everyone, doh.

I did - only QPR offered a fee, everyone else just contract with no hint of compo (he was that in demand - had over 20 responses). Guess would be nice to know if I was due any money at later date, as every penny at a skint Brighton is planned for.

IIRC you only get compensation if they move to a club within the same country, so you'll get nothing from Auxerre. One of my best ways of getting players is to search for foreign players with contract expiring on 1 Jan of any year and then snap up lots for free even youngsters.

Archived