does inter milan ever move stadium

San Siro is probably the best italian stadium along with the Olimpico of Rome. THe pitch is usually craps irl cause it rains all the time in that part of Italy, but thats nothing that can be done about that until they invent super-growing wondergrass.

I remember when AC Milan kicked man u out of champions league couple years ago, it was HAMMERING down with rain.

It spoiltthe game as the cameras where covered in rain

Italian teams dont sell out their grounds as much as England teams, the only time they get near full capacity is in big games so tbh i reckon an expansion would be wasted. Im also Inter at the moment and it holds around 80,000 i think and the only time ive seen it full was the milan derby, all other games have been around the 69,000 mark.

San Siro is probably the best italian stadium along with the Olimpico of Rome. THe pitch is usually craps irl cause it rains all the time in that part of Italy, but thats nothing that can be done about that until they invent super-growing wondergrass.

That's not really the cause why the pitch is crap. It started being crap when they added the 3rd tier for the World Cup in Italy. Since then they had problems having the sun hitting the grass due to the 3rd tier, and without proper sun light the grass didn't grow properly.

THe pitch is usually craps irl cause it rains all the time in that part of Italy, but thats nothing that can be done about that until they invent super-growing wondergrass.

Or install a roof! I seem to recall either reading an article in a newspaper or online that AC are actually looking to move away from the san siro so perhaps a stadium move is already programmed into the game.

heres a quick question, if your board make the stadium bigger, will ac's stadium be bigger on the game or not?

It should, but I don't think it will. IIRC, AC Milan and Inter Milan have 2 different stadiums in the database (one called San Siro and one called G. Meazza), despite the fact that IRL they are the same stadium.

heres a quick question, if your board make the stadium bigger, will ac's stadium be bigger on the game or not?

It doesn't matter because they can't be expanded (as said in the first post). In fact, I'd reckon that this was put in purposefully to stop such a conundrum even if it was expanded in real life.

• 3 weeks later...
That's not really the cause why the pitch is crap. It started being crap when they added the 3rd tier for the World Cup in Italy. Since then they had problems having the sun hitting the grass due to the 3rd tier, and without proper sun light the grass didn't grow properly.

Yeah. If you watch an afternoon game there, you can plainly see the pitch only gets light from the racecourse side that doesn't have the added 3rd tier that you mention.

Until recently there were suggestions that ground would be purchased from the course, enabling the stadium to be evened-up (making the pitch worse!), but the plans have been dropped after both clubs showing interest in their own stadiums.

EDIT: I DO wish people wouldn't call it the San Siro.

The Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, more commonly called San Siro, is a football stadium in Milan, Italy. It is the home stadium for two of the most successful European clubs: AC Milan and F.C. Internazionale Milano, and one of the most famous football stadiums in the world. Although it has been officially renamed in honour of Giuseppe Meazza, the Internazionale and Milan player of the 1930s and 1940s, it is still commonly called the San Siro.

SAN SIRO and thats what they call it on live tv games

So, because you and they say so, it just is?? Where do we go from here - my dad's bigger than your dad?

It's usually refered to as the San Siro by English speaking media, even over here.

You've nailed it mate. And because of that Britain thinks it's San Siro. And would even argue it is ^^, so it seems.

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - AC Milan

San Siro - Inter Milan

Simples :D

I think you may want to change those around LOL

However' date=' post 29 is pasted from Wiki and clearly says (like any other source) the stadium has been renamed Meazza and is [i']commonly[/i] referred to as San Siro. I don't care what it's commonly called (by English speaking media and fans), whether it be San Siro or Sands Of Iwo Jima - it IS officially called Meazza.

megaman obviously looked on somewhere like wikipedia, the stadium was initially called San Siro but was re-named due to the guy called Giuseppe Meazza who played for both clubs! Problem solved and we all know the reasonings behind the confusion!

THE STADIUM IS CALLED SAN SIRO

I don't know why they have different names in the game, there's probably a simple explanation.

It's true that Milan, as opposed to Inter, fans do refer to the stadium as San Siro; that's their prerogative.

But tribal loyalties don't change fact. The stadium originally named after the area of the city was officially renamed Stadio Meazza (include Giusseppe, whatever).

The stadium is officially known as Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, the Internazionale and Milan player of the 1930s and 1940s. As he enjoyed more success at Inter and is more favoured by the Inter faithful, Milan fans prefer to use the term San Siro for the ground. Thus, this is reflected in the game itself.

Ok, maybe the stadium wasn't "re-named" was in a bit of a rush earlier but it's taken the nickname of Giuseppe Meazza because of the player mentioned a few times and I accidently double posted that post above where I put "Double post my apologies" so edited it to that. I'm sure if you look at my post count I couldn't be a spammer 'cos the SI staff would of picked up on it by now surely!

Hi all, I wanna make things clear for everybody.

I live in Milan and i'm an Inter supporter.

The real name of the stadium is: Stadio "Giuseppe Meazza" in San Siro.

Where Giuseppe Meazza is the name of the stadium in honour of our great player. San Siro is the area of the city where the stadium is built. Inter and Milan fans call it in the same way: San Siro. Only tv and other media call it Meazza, alternating it with San Siro.

Things are moving (hopefully) in Italy. Juventus has bought and is renewing the old Delle Alpi, in two years it will become his new stadium. Lazio is on the way of building a new stadium.

Inter just finished a project based on Bayern Munich's Allianz Arena and plans to start building the new stadium in 2011, a little outside Milan, with 60.000 seats capacity. It's believed that Milan will take over San Siro.

I hope to see this reflected in the game, sooner or later...

I just noticed A.C milan play at the San Siro and Inter at the "Giuseppe Mazza". Does this mean that when you play away to inter/Ac it will say "the pitch at *insert here* is... ;)

Well, in the game (I assume it's due to licensing issues) they are two different stadiums with the same capacity.

I'm A.C. Milan fan and i will always call it San Siro

That is your prerogative mate; I wouldn't deny that to someone who supports the team. What annoys me is the media and fans (of other clubs) here (the UK) that call it that too - when, as Stephan and I have said it's real/official name is Meazza.

I really don't see the big deal in calling a stadium by a nickname.

Taken at face value, I agree.

However, although I don't live in Milan like Stephan and I'm in no way saying he is incorrect, Italians friends I have who support Inter and ones I have met when visiting Milan all refer to the stadium with it's official name.

So to go back to your point. If you support team A, you'd get annoyed if the majority of people referred to your stadium with name team B used to describe it.

Archived