Very annoying thing about feeder requests

ok I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before so apologies if it has.

Im not sure if this is a game problem or this is how teams behave IRL, but its terribly annoying when requesting a feeder club and the board returns with rubbish suggestions. This is the annoyance, when you reject the recommendations, you can't ask again for a long time!!!! I know when you obtain a feeder club, you can ask for another after six months or something, but why when you reject must you wait for that long before asking again???? Surely if the recommendations are shyte, you should be able to ask immediately. The final straw came last night, during my save I got the privilege of choosing my own feeder club. I chose a team for financial reasons and the board came back and told me that the deal didn't work out. The next logical thing is to find another one to try with or worse case ask the board to find one. But NO... the board is not taking any requests to be linked to any club!!!! I must now wait for ages before I can try again. There is no definite chance of getting a team you want, so if it fails then the chance of trying again should be instantaneous.

ok i've played a bit since last night... about six months now.... I've asked the board for a feeder club and the immediate response is I can choose my own again since i have been at the club for some time. I have chosen antwerp for work permit issues. this is all happening now people. Antwerp is not linked to anyone... cross fingers (I doubt they will be affiliated with me anyway).

Yep as predicted... the deal didn't work out.

Now I want to try again...but NO the exact wording is "the board will not take requests for new links with other clubs at this current point in time"

Something is wrong here!

Why is something wrong? Just because you ask doesnt mean the other club have to accept.

Also, swearing (starred or deliberate misspelling) is not allowed on these forums, just so you know!

He means when they don't accept then you have to wait 6 months or however long it is before asking again.

That's not the point.

edit: That was aimed at Skorp's comment.

The point is that it is unrealistic and not making sense to have to wait for so long to be able to ask again after a deal failed because a specific club didn't want the deal or because you didn't want the offered clubs.

Agreed :(

I have had plenty of successful specified clubs accepted, it does work. It can be hard finding one you want and having it set up, but it's worth it.

I too have found it impossible, not only to get a specific feeded club request to be accepted but also to get a general type of feeded request accepted.

Can you give me your examples of what club you were and what club you asked for please??

I presume club reputation is the key here. A club with a similar reputation won't accept a feeder club request???

Be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

That's not the point.

edit: That was aimed at Skorp's comment.

The point is that it is unrealistic and not making sense to have to wait for so long to be able to ask again after a deal failed because a specific club didn't want the deal or because you didn't want the offered clubs.

Agreed :(

No it's not.

Think about it: while you have asked for this to happen, how does it happen?

The backstaff of the club need to send people out places to enter into discussion and talks and all that that goes along with it. These discussions, like any potential deal between two businesses, cost time and money. The reason you can't instantly ask for another one is that these things take time and money, and by constantly forcing the board to be out looking for affiliate clubs you are effectively wasting the board's time (they have a LOT to do, they're not your employees in the same manner that your coaches or your scouts are - they're effectively employing you, so they get the control on matters like this).

At the end of the day affiliation is a business thing, not a footballing thing, and therefore the ultimate control of it should rest with the board and not the manager.

If you could immediately ask for a new feeder club and they will come up with another one, I would ask myself why they didn't come up with that option earlier. I don't think there is anything strange about having to wait six months before you can ask again.

No it's not.

Think about it: while you have asked for this to happen, how does it happen?

The backstaff of the club need to send people out places to enter into discussion and talks and all that that goes along with it. These discussions, like any potential deal between two businesses, cost time and money. The reason you can't instantly ask for another one is that these things take time and money, and by constantly forcing the board to be out looking for affiliate clubs you are effectively wasting the board's time (they have a LOT to do, they're not your employees in the same manner that your coaches or your scouts are - they're effectively employing you, so they get the control on matters like this).

At the end of the day affiliation is a business thing, not a footballing thing, and therefore the ultimate control of it should rest with the board and not the manager.

I agree with you to some extent.

However, working in a club myself and having arranged a feeder club agreement myself (irl!), I know that either you are negotiating with several clubs at a time or if just one club is the aim, then with that club only.

The game reflects that fine as some time passes between your request and a result.

But after a result is achieved, you cannot put in any further request for a long time.

And that is unrealistic.

Of course, it would take some time to enter new negotiations but that refers to the time which passes after a request, not to the time needed before you can make a new request.

While a board would irl of course be annoyed if the manager came back the next day saying 'Cool I have that feeder club, now give me another one', they would of course enter into new negotiations immediately if no deal was settled. This is the bit the OP is annoyed about and it indeed does not reflect real life where

- the manager isn't the one making such requests anyway and where

- the board will not refuse to negotiate just because they just had negotiations with no success with another club.

Irl nothing would stop a board from negotiating with a few clubs at a time and also concluding more than one deal. There is no rat race among possible feeder clubs as the game supposes.

ok I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before so apologies if it has.

Im not sure if this is a game problem or this is how teams behave IRL, but its terribly annoying when requesting a feeder club and the board returns with rubbish suggestions. This is the annoyance, when you reject the recommendations, you can't ask again for a long time!!!! I know when you obtain a feeder club, you can ask for another after six months or something, but why when you reject must you wait for that long before asking again???? Surely if the recommendations are shyte, you should be able to ask immediately. The final straw came last night, during my save I got the privilege of choosing my own feeder club. I chose a team for financial reasons and the board came back and told me that the deal didn't work out. The next logical thing is to find another one to try with or worse case ask the board to find one. But NO... the board is not taking any requests to be linked to any club!!!! I must now wait for ages before I can try again. There is no definite chance of getting a team you want, so if it fails then the chance of trying again should be instantaneous.

ok i've played a bit since last night... about six months now.... I've asked the board for a feeder club and the immediate response is I can choose my own again since i have been at the club for some time. I have chosen antwerp for work permit issues. this is all happening now people. Antwerp is not linked to anyone... cross fingers (I doubt they will be affiliated with me anyway).

Yep as predicted... the deal didn't work out.

Now I want to try again...but NO the exact wording is "the board will not take requests for new links with other clubs at this current point in time"

Something is wrong here!

They are linked to manchester united unless i am much mistaken

But after a result is achieved, you cannot put in any further request for a long time.

And that is unrealistic.

Of course, it would take some time to enter new negotiations but that refers to the time which passes after a request, not to the time needed before you can make a new request.

Why is it unrealistic? I'm going to be a bit of a tool and quote Einstein at you:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

If you send a team out to find a feeder/parent club straight away then nothing has changed. You can assume that previous to being asked to find a feeder club they had some idea of clubs they wanted to approach. These clubs weren't interested or the deal didn't pan out. By sending them out straight after the refusal you are asking them to a) go out and ask the same clubs despite nothign having changed, b) go out without any prep work being done and try to approach random clubs. Either way chances of success are slim.

This is just my take on it but it makes sense to me.

Why is it unrealistic? I'm going to be a bit of a tool and quote Einstein at you:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

If you send a team out to find a feeder/parent club straight away then nothing has changed. You can assume that previous to being asked to find a feeder club they had some idea of clubs they wanted to approach. These clubs weren't interested or the deal didn't pan out. By sending them out straight after the refusal you are asking them to a) go out and ask the same clubs despite nothign having changed, b) go out without any prep work being done and try to approach random clubs. Either way chances of success are slim.

This is just my take on it but it makes sense to me.

You were right if things worked that way.

a) is not true because there are more than 5 clubs in the world. You can easily think of any list with conditions a feeder club should fulfil and find many more possible partners than 5. That 5 is an artificial number anyway. Obviously a club would look for other options if the negotiations failed for whatever reasons - and they are there.

b) is the misperception of what is done within the time during which you cannot make a new request. Codewise nothing is done of course, but that would be the case irl too. All preparation work is made AFTER a request has been made. Hence the weeks and weeks of delay until the board comes back to you with a list of options. That time is when work is done, the time before is of no use to anyone.

There is nothing which keeps a board away from commencing new negotiations or preparations with another club after negotiations with one club collapsed. There is no need for that time gap. Not irl for sure. In game I guess it just serves to ensure that you don't build up unrealistic masses of feeder clubs within a short period of time while such reason does not exist when no deal was made.

On a side note, the whole thing is far away from how it works irl anyway, so maybe it is odd to claim that one thing about the way it is included into FM id unrealistic while the other things are not claimed...

You were right if things worked that way.

a) is not true because there are more than 5 clubs in the world. You can easily think of any list with conditions a feeder club should fulfil and find many more possible partners than 5. That 5 is an artificial number anyway. Obviously a club would look for other options if the negotiations failed for whatever reasons - and they are there.

b) is the misperception of what is done within the time during which you cannot make a new request. Codewise nothing is done of course, but that would be the case irl too. All preparation work is made AFTER a request has been made. Hence the weeks and weeks of delay until the board comes back to you with a list of options. That time is when work is done, the time before is of no use to anyone.

There is nothing which keeps a board away from commencing new negotiations or preparations with another club after negotiations with one club collapsed. There is no need for that time gap. Not irl for sure. In game I guess it just serves to ensure that you don't build up unrealistic masses of feeder clubs within a short period of time while such reason does not exist when no deal was made.

On a side note, the whole thing is far away from how it works irl anyway, so maybe it is odd to claim that one thing about the way it is included into FM id unrealistic while the other things are not claimed...

Correct, there are more than five clubs in the world but you cannot possibly get together an inexhaustible list of clubs and just start ticking them off until you find one, from a logistical point of view it's not feasible.

As an aside to the point i'm interested to know where you have gained your in depth experience in the world of interclub dealings (just read that you are a sports lawyer, scratch this section of the post). If you're arguing that the current way the system is set up is not realistic then i would suggest that the amount of time between you requesting a feeder club and the board returning options needs to be increased, i'm sure it takes more than a few weeks for a list of clubs to be found (as no work is done before the request goes in apparantly), the proposal to be put before the board (as i'm sure linking the business with another club would be of considerable interest to investors) and the negotiations to be completed.

I have had plenty of successful specified clubs accepted, it does work. It can be hard finding one you want and having it set up, but it's worth it.

How do you know that the club will accept? What is the signs that you consider? I need some help, please...

I´ve tried 2 or 3 times and never got the team that I wanted.

I was Benfica and tried teams in the 2nd division of Portugal, all of them were from Lisbon or pretty much closer and they hadn´t any other partnership.

The same for international aggrements. After 4 seasons my board doesn´t get me any club when I ask them to get me 1 club. After winning the CL and having loads of money and young players to loan there is no club in Europe interested in being my partner??? Is this real??? I think not!!!

Correct, there are more than five clubs in the world but you cannot possibly get together an inexhaustible list of clubs and just start ticking them off until you find one, from a logistical point of view it's not feasible.

As an aside to the point i'm interested to know where you have gained your in depth experience in the world of interclub dealings (just read that you are a sports lawyer, scratch this section of the post). If you're arguing that the current way the system is set up is not realistic then i would suggest that the amount of time between you requesting a feeder club and the board returning options needs to be increased, i'm sure it takes more than a few weeks for a list of clubs to be found (as no work is done before the request goes in apparantly), the proposal to be put before the board (as i'm sure linking the business with another club would be of considerable interest to investors) and the negotiations to be completed.

You are right, the time after a request might be increased a bit, while there is no reason for any blocked time before a request. :)

Irl it works on a very informal level. You happen to meet people from other clubs, you chat and you might get across the topic of a possible cooperation. Or you are actively looking. Then you sit down and make an exhaustive list of clubs which might be interesting. Then you start putting them into an order and start talking to them on an informal level as well. Then you might enter more specific negotiations.

All this is usually not done upon the request of the manager. Here the game just gives us a little extra cookie for fun, not for realism.

Anyway, of course the board never finalizes negotiations with 5 clubs at the same time to then make a choice. Usually if they want only one of the clubs they are talking to, they will not pursue their efforts with others once they come close to an agreement.

And yes, I'm actually working inside a club, not as a freelance lawyer.

The problem is that it's too easy to get feeder clubs, so forcing you to wait 6 months between new links is the only way of making the system sensible, in my opinion at least.

Irrespective, it should definitely be on the list for expansion, to bring in some kind of negotiating feature and a more realistic way of finding links. Let's face it, it's hardly likely that a club in the BSP could make loan arrangements with three Premiership clubs, chopping and changing each time, but on FM it seems to go through pretty happily.

The problem is that it's too easy to get feeder clubs, so forcing you to wait 6 months between new links is the only way of making the system sensible, in my opinion at least.

Irrespective, it should definitely be on the list for expansion, to bring in some kind of negotiating feature and a more realistic way of finding links. Let's face it, it's hardly likely that a club in the BSP could make loan arrangements with three Premiership clubs, chopping and changing each time, but on FM it seems to go through pretty happily.

Indeed, as I said the whole feature is a bit unrealistic and maybe that further unrealistic part of that actually serves to keep results a bit realistic.

Just when you rejected all given options or if a specific club was not interested in a deal, then it's just frustrating while not needed to serve its initial purpose.

Indeed, as I said the whole feature is a bit unrealistic and maybe that further unrealistic part of that actually serves to keep results a bit realistic.

Just when you rejected all given options or if a specific club was not interested in a deal, then it's just frustrating while not needed to serve its initial purpose.

I think that you are right in saying that the realism isn't there in this feature, which is a bit of a disapointment considering it's theoretically a good feature. I don't think you should be able to ask for a feeder club straight away but I think you have a point in saying that the time inbetween turning down an offer and being able to ask for another is too long. Perhaps it would be possible to cut the waiting time between unsuccessful attempts to say a month and keep the waiting time for clubs who have managed to get a feeder at around 3-6 months.

I know this is still unrealistic but at least it solves a few issues. In the long term however i think the process itself needs looking into.

STILL i cant choose for specific FEEDERCLUBS at the board feeder request

could someone please tell me what i must do ? resign? or wait till you

example my NEW stadium is almost done so more attendance more fans i had 36536 seats

maybe more chance to get "choose feeder club specific like clubs in USA and JAPAn etc ""

im playing right now GENOA seria A im in 2016 ,my reputation is WORLDwide" , board confidence is "superb"

??

It would be a lot better if you were allowed to select several acceptable clubs, and then wait for the board to come back with any negotiations that have been successful.

The other problem with the way the game handles feeder clubs is that if you let the board look for any clubs they want, they will come back with five options, but if you specify the type of feeder you want they never find anything.

Archived