Suggestion: Edit / Add Leagues in Editor

I think we should be able to create our own leagues in the database, I like to play custom made world superleagues but because you have to base it on the english leagues then there comes some annoying little things with it that ruin the enjoyment

Surely it wouldn't be hard to implement for SI?

I would like this but I think it would be hard to implement considering the way it is at the moment. As league rules are hard-coded they would have to change this which can be easier said then done. Also they have to test it and make sure it works with whatever unorthodox combination of rules the user wants to use.

• SI Staff
yeah i'd like doing the own rules part myself, i'm sure it couldn't be too hard of a feature to implement into the editor considering all the other stuff you can edit in there

Not hard to implement? Quite the opposite.

Surely it wouldn't be hard to implement for SI?

That bit devalues your whole post quite somewhat.

This would have to be coded from scratch as that would still be easier than adapting what is there.

I would love to see that as well, but if SI's resources are to be allocated either to this or to improving the game itself more, then I'd go for the latter.

Is there any alternative, like making blank leagues or at least making league swapping to work (which is totally buggy on FM2009)?

That was suggested before, but there are so many things do code in respect of one league, even if the team numbers are set, that it would be too much to do.

That has been discussed in a thread called about "I would spend 5 punds more for the ability to insert the Nigerian league into the game". Something along these lines.

Should be an interesting read for you :)

Archived