Holidaying pointless?

I go on holiday quite often, i ussually holiday to my next game if im not in a transfer window. Sometimes use it at the start of the game to go to january, then take over the team bottom of the league to give myself a challange.

That would only work if the last thing he got infracted for was actually infraction worthy

No--I meant that if you read over his post history in general, you can sort it out. Might be hard to figure out which specific posts got him the infractions (in some cases.)

He seemed to be a well-known poster, and not for positive reasons.

No--I meant that if you read over his post history in general, you can sort it out. Might be hard to figure out which specific posts got him the infractions (in some cases.)

We have been asked by the OP to keep this on topic so could you respect that please? If you want to ask me any more questions or talk to me further then PM me

I know exactly what posts got CP infractions because I've seen the cards by the posts. He got one for RickRolling (joke), one for joking that people should PM Ter to get the patch (pratical joke with great effects) and one for resurrecting an old patch thread. It totals up to the same ban as advocating rape :rolleyes:

You know CP can still see the forums right?

Anyway, let's keep this on topic.

Running XP home

1022MB of RAM

Latest vers of Direct X

Intel Pentuim 4 CPu 3.4 Gig

1041MB of Page file used.

The RAM could be the issue, even though the minimum specs say you only need 512 meg for XP, to run it at a decent speed you would need more than what you have. Are your graphics integrated?

Where do I find out that ftg? Also I have space I can clear if that will help. Haven't fragged this thing in ages either :D

Yeah defragging might help. As for the graphics, in dxdiag, if you click the Display tab, it will tell you your graphics specs.

With only one gig of RAM, it's going to depend on how quickly you want to move through a season to determine how many leagues you should load.

I just got a new laptop, but I was playing FM09 for a month and a half on a Dual Core 1.8ghz with 1.5gb of RAM and I loaded 8-11 leagues per game. Probably far too slow for some people, but didn't bother me. Not in a rush. :)

my ol' home made pc is starting to struggle with fm and i too have noticed holiday mode is barely any faster than just hitting continue

not thats out the way with...

we should fight against the captain planet posting

imagine if all the regulars here, that diligently help people out every other day, suddenly decided to flood the board with patch requests and pictures of captain picard (i dont know why they always crop up) then i wonder what would happen

would they silence you all or would they cave in and wipe captain planets ban?

i should be a union leader shouldnt i...mouthy and powerless

CaptainPlanet has no one to blame but himself. He knows the rules and he knew he already had two infractions.

Just realised he got a 3rd infraction for that. I disagree with you to be honest.

Can someone check my ram and that for me aswell because the same happens to me aswell. It took me 3 hours to get to january from September :O

We need you to tell us your specs first. :)

We need you to tell us your specs first. :)
To the OP - I holidayed to 2020 recently and it took a few days of non-constant play (waiting).

Normally that sort of thing (12+ seasons) would take my laptop so long I'd likely slip into a coma.

I have 1Gb of RAM and a dual-core processor @1.86GHz and I managed this ^^^

I know you didn't ask me, but I thought I would answer, for comparison's sake.

Holidaying is fine, but a P4 with 1GB RAM is pretty pish. I used to have a P4 3.2GHz with 2GB RAM and it could holiday from June/July 2008 to Jan 2012 (large database, all English and Scottish leagues loaded) in around 5 hours. I upgraded to a quad-core 2.5GHz with 4GB RAM and the same could be done in about half the time.

Before you ask "Why Jan 2012?", my birthday's 28/12/86, so on 28/12/11 I can have a manager in the game with my real age in the game. I start either then or on Jan 1st with my new manager :)

it wont let me copy my specs :(

Operationg System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Processor: Intel Core 2 duo cpu

Memory: 2038MB RAM

1862MB PAge File Used 2450MB Available

Help??

But they are your specs. :confused:

Anyway, compare them to what Wee Aja and others have posted. :thup:

Just realised he got a 3rd infraction for that. I disagree with you to be honest.

Well, I'm not saying he (or anyone, for that matter) necessarily deserved the infractions for the things he did, but all the same, he knew what type of antics draw infractions here and kept it up anyway.

I holiday between games when I'm doing something else as well as playing (I work from home some days so I have my personal laptop as well as my work one running).

I also run an unmodified holiday game occasionally to get rid of all real players and replace them with regens. For some reason I love discovering ex-players to recruit as staff. Got Sammi Hypia as an excellent youth coach and Ledley King as first team defensive coach.

Well, I'm not saying he (or anyone, for that matter) necessarily deserved the infractions for the things he did, but all the same, he knew what type of antics draw infractions here and kept it up anyway.

In fairness, your posts in this thread are infraction worthy, so you should probably give it up. It's not ok to talk about other members posting style or derail a thread, i'd report your posts before I reported rickrolling tbh.

Archived