Covert me to a believer

Guys, i played the 2009 demo and then went into a six month despression brought on by the new 3d match engine, i hated it! eversince i've been updating fm08 and playing that. Two questions that I'd like answered where possible please:

I tried to play 2d on the demo, this was shocking. Does the real game have the same 2d engine available as in fm08 (as aposed to the demo) or is it only that poor version i saw in demo.

Second, did anyone else hate the 3d but got used to it? are there any add on that make the 3d more enjoyable?

Thanks in advance

£20 from Game says you cant really go wrong.

i use the 2D View and its acceptable. didnt really notice any diff from last years (08)

dunno if the patch at the end of the month will make the 3d more improved.

sorry to hear about your depression over the 3d. but if your like most of the other "09 has higher specs then 08" people who run there games on windows 95 and turn into 09 haters then i guess it aint the game for you.

That was me! Speccymatt! 6 months ago until I got the game for my birthday and persisted with the 3-D match engine for a few days.

I now can only watch matches in 3D and seeing the little men run around carrying out my (admittedly crap) instructions gives the game an added dimension.

Try it yourself for a few days and you will feel the benefit almost instantly.

A 3D match really is the best way to enjoy Football Manager.

(with apologies to Slimfast)

3D match engine is fantastic.

It's only bad if you have a low spec machine.

After all the years of buying CM and FM, it's nice to finally be able to see how goals are scored.

Where as when you watch a match in 2D, you kind of imagine how it was scored. The 3D ME finally allows you to see exactly what's happening.

I personally have loved the introduction of the 3D ME, i use the vertical scrolling view...as it reminds me of the old days...playing sensible soccer on my Commodore Amiga. HAPPY DAYS!! I am 37, there is alot to be said for nostalgia ;)

Archived