Why oh why god didnt my team win **PLAYER NAMING** (Not rant)

matchoverview.jpg

matchstats.jpg

Like I said this is not a thread about how I hate the game due to not winning. My strikers before this game had scored just under a goal a game. I just cant believe that they didnt score against a team that had all those red cards, the possession we had the shots and clearcut chances. I actually find it quite funny and had to share it with some people. Anyone else had anything similar?

because you only got 8 shots on target, and considering both were in the starting lineup im guessing you have not set your own pen takers. Also, because you lost Ignashevich and his rocket right boot

The shots off targets don't mean much when there are that many fouls. You have to figure a good amount of those fouls were in shooting range, and since most human managers haven't figured out (or DFK's are broken) how to get DFK shots on target, it is a good bet that his free kick takers blazed a bunch of shots over the bar. I've seen plenty games like this, where high AI fouls equals a high number of shots off target.

This is one of the reasons why constantly fouling is an effective tactic for AI managers, or human managers if you run up against a team way better than yours.

It just seems as though it's one of those really unfortunate things that happen in football.

It does seem strange though. Had this happened in real life then it would go down as the unluckiest game of football ever (for CSKA). The opposition's defence also didn't have ratings as high as I would've expected for such a battling performance.

It doesn't seem like a bug though. It just seems as though it's one of those really unfortunate things that happen in football. Clearly I could be wrong though so...

It does seem strange though. Has this happened in real life then it would go down as the unluckiest game of football ever (for CSKA). The opposition's defence also didn't have ratings as high as I would've expected for such a battling performance.

I didn't say it was a bug, I just want to watch the match :)

The shots off targets don't mean much when there are that many fouls. You have to figure a good amount of those fouls were in shooting range, and since most human managers haven't figured out (or DFK's are broken) how to get DFK shots on target, it is a good bet that his free kick takers blazed a bunch of shots over the bar. I've seen plenty games like this, where high AI fouls equals a high number of shots off target.

This is one of the reasons why constantly fouling is an effective tactic for AI managers, or human managers if you run up against a team way better than yours.

hasn't got anything to do with the shots off target, i said on target. Your free kick comment leads me to repeat, poor old Ignashevich would have used his rocket right boot to break the net

Ignashevich has 11 for freekicks and 12 for long shots.

Apparently there's more that goes into deciding how good a free-kick taker somebody is.

I've read on here recently that other attributes such as Technique, Composure, Decisions and Finishing also have an impact. What are those stats like?

Technique 12, composure 17, decisions 17 and finishing 10.

I'd suggest he's great at getting you goals from open play but less so from free-kicks?

Seems to me that high Long Shots and Technique attributes provide great basis for a free-kick taker but only as long as he has a good Free Kicks attribute too.

12, 12 and 11 respectively aren't that great for those particular attributes. I think if they're high, and they are then backed up with good/great Composure, Decisions and Finishing then you've got what you need to make a great free-kick taker. Unfortunately it seems as if he has it the other way around, which is why I assume he gets you a good number of goals from open play.

hasn't got anything to do with the shots off target, i said on target. Your free kick comment leads me to repeat, poor old Ignashevich would have used his rocket right boot to break the net

True. I assumed you were remarking on the poor percentage of shots on target vs. total shots, which would be skewed by a high number of free kicks off target. I think the AI fouling could be part of the issue though. If they foul often when you get into good shooting/scoring situations and give you direct free kicks (instead of your forward midfielder getting a shot off in the run of play), your shots on target and off target will look worse than your performance merited.

It's funny, today I played a game where the opposition had 3 players sent off in a period of about 15 minutes. We won 6-0 in the end, but there was an odd amount of mistakes from my players, overhit passes, poor control and the like. I was a bit annoyed at them in the end, we could and should have scored 10+ goals.

matchoverview.jpg

matchstats.jpg

Like I said this is not a thread about how I hate the game due to not winning. My strikers before this game had scored just under a goal a game. I just cant believe that they didnt score against a team that had all those red cards, the possession we had the shots and clearcut chances. I actually find it quite funny and had to share it with some people. Anyone else had anything similar?

Need a lethal striker:D

No I kept with 2 upfront as we were dominating the game I thought it would be a matter of time for us to score. Vagner Love had a fair few goals and Sobis had 3 in 3 even my wingers had scored a fair amount of goals but none could get their shots in the goal for some reason.

No need to say sorry I thought it was funny aswell.

Archived