When do SI start making FM2010?

Just wondering when they start making it, do they wait until the end of the summer transfer window and then start production?

Or do they make it and then add all the transfers into the game?

Im not particularly smart when it comes to game production and i dont know how long it takes, i imagine they just update the database and add new features.

Im loving FM09, but i cant help looking forward to 2010!

I am just enquiring because i want to put the release date on my calender:D

Good luck with the release date thing, you won't know that for some time! Expect it towards the end of this year (September or October normally I think).

As for production, it will have already started. Generating ideas and new features (perhaps even coding some of these new features) will more than likely have begun for FM2009 was released! They will probably be in special builds only the developers get to see, updating builds as they go until they have a release version at the end of the year.

Good luck with the release date thing, you won't know that for some time! Expect it towards the end of this year (September or October normally I think).

As for production, it will have already started. Generating ideas and new features (perhaps even coding some of these new features) will more than likely have begun for FM2009 was released! They will probably be in special builds only the developers get to see, updating builds as they go until they have a release version at the end of the year.

Cool, though FM came out in november didnt it?

I guess we might see 2010 being released around the same time, personally i would like to see it released in december, as many managers get sacked near the beginning of the season, i hate seeing Ramos still in charge of spurs and redknapp stuck with pompey, i am always shouting at my screen protesting that they are at the wrong club, and Ramos is never sacked, because the spurs team always do well on the game.

Cant wait for 2010, i might even buy it on the release date, i always get the new FM on christmas day:p

They have not even finished 09 yet and you mugs want 2010. You will be lucky if it is out bug free until march 2011

Look mate, i am not interested in the bugs, i am happy playing games with bugs, im not fussy, and i dont like people assuming that 2010 will be riddled with bugs.

Is your glass half empty?

And dont call people mugs.

You cup

I believe that SI start putting ideas for the next game together immediately after the release of the last one. I think that's where discussions begin, at least.

But i guess at the moment they will be reading through the suggestion threads and considering some of the suggestions?

Isnt the next game in the series always improved based on some feedback from the previous game?

But i guess at the moment they will be reading through the suggestion threads and considering some of the suggestions?

Isnt the next game in the series always improved based on some feedback from the previous game?

Every product is improved based on customer feedback. At least, that's the idea. That's how it works. I'm sure SI come up with their own ideas too, though.

This year there will be a lot to consider, so so many suggestions, and it just puts more pressure on SI when people complain about bugs, i know they are annoying but if people could just report bugs and get on with it without complaining, SI can fix it and we can all be happier.

• SI Staff
Just wondering when they start making it, do they wait until the end of the summer transfer window and then start production?

Production starts a lot earlier than that. By the end of the Summer transfer window the game is feature complete.

Or do they make it and then add all the transfers into the game?

Kind of. There are various stages of research when the master db will be updated and new data extracted for use in the game.

Im not particularly smart when it comes to game production and i dont know how long it takes, i imagine they just update the database and add new features.

It's a bit more complicated than that ;)

I am just enquiring because i want to put the release date on my calender :D

We won't be in a position to give any release dates or information about future games for quite a while yet.

Hope this answered your questions :)

Production starts a lot earlier than that. By the end of the Summer transfer window the game is feature complete.

Kind of. There are various stages of research when the master db will be updated and new data extracted for use in the game.

It's a bit more complicated than that ;)

We won't be in a position to give any release dates or information about future games for quite a while yet.

Hope this answered your questions :)

Thank you ever so much, was waiting for a member of SI to contribute to the thread, excellent answer:thup:

I suppose all i can do is wait til next season and watch out for the telly ads

I think you will find SI care very much about the patch thats why its not being released until they are happy its passed testing and QA. :thup:

Precisely:thup:

If they rushed out a patch without testing there will be mistakes, then look who is moaning about bugs and suchlike- the people who were complaining about how long it took to release the patch

I think you will find SI care very much about the patch thats why its not being released until they are happy its passed testing and QA. :thup:
Precisely:thup:

If they rushed out a patch without testing there will be mistakes, then look who is moaning about bugs and suchlike- the people who were complaining about how long it took to release the patch

well i dont complain about bugs and things, i just want the patch so i can have the updated transfers. they could of release a patch at the end of the transfer window, so people could start a new game, with the updates, and then another patch when they have fixed all the issues.

i know games have bugs, but if i was the designer of a game, i would relseas patches, weekly/fornightly/monthly. it would be much better for the game and keep members happy, as they will be fixing things all the time, and if there were problems with their patches they would be noticed a lot quicker and corrected. its simple business mind really

They have not even finished 09 yet and you mugs want 2010. You will be lucky if it is out bug free until march 2011

No game for the PC is bug free, there will always be problems with games, not just FM, small or large, thats just the way it goes.

stevie they normally release FM at the start/middle of November, has just about always been the case mate :)

No game for the PC is bug free, there will always be problems with games, not just FM, small or large, thats just the way it goes.

stevie they normally release FM at the start/middle of November, has just about always been the case mate :)

Practically no game is bug free, all games will have unrealistic occurances or glitches, no game can be perfect.

E.G Fifa series on PSP, commentators always commentate on occurences that havnt happened, once andy gray was talking about being slide tackled during an offside decision.

GTA vice city stories, numerous bugs, Cars driving on the underside of bridges, cars in garage disappear.

Just a coupleof games that have major bugs, no game will ever be perfect, unless technology these days vastly improves

well i dont complain about bugs and things, i just want the patch so i can have the updated transfers. they could of release a patch at the end of the transfer window, so people could start a new game, with the updates, and then another patch when they have fixed all the issues.

i know games have bugs, but if i was the designer of a game, i would relseas patches, weekly/fornightly/monthly. it would be much better for the game and keep members happy, as they will be fixing things all the time, and if there were problems with their patches they would be noticed a lot quicker and corrected. its simple business mind really

That simply isn't viable in any way. More patches means more time is spent testing and readying those patch files themselves, instead of actually addressing bux fixes/data updates. If you want patches every couple of weeks there are only going to be handful of fixes in them, as the coders don't have time to change much, QA don't have much time to do any extensive testing on them and lots of time is eaten up ensuring the patches patch the game and function properly.

The longer between patches, the more fixes and the better it will be. It also causes significantly less disruption for users and makes it easy to know if you're fully up to date. Imagine how confused people would get and how many more patch questions we'd receive if we released say double the amount of patches we normally do?

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff
is therer any way of helping with research for fm2010

If you want to help out with Latvia research then your first place to post should be the Latvian Data Issues thread (if there is one) in the Data Issues section.

i hope they ditch 3D Match engines

I think that SI would be striving to make it bug free and the best it can be rather than getting rid of it. You have the option of turning it off anyway, so how would 'ditching it' benefit you or anyone else? I'm not having a go, just saying that if something isn't as good as it can be then work to improve it, don't just abandon it.

Archived