Choice of Lower League Team

I shall be looking to start a new game with the much debated new patch, looking to go up through the leagues, finally resulting in premiership sucess.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any teams which they have had good sucess with or enjoyed playing with? League 2 ideally.

I think Luton would be a great challenge as they start on -30 points, and yes, it is very possible to stay in the league first season :)

They also have a very good team for you to start with, as well as any free transfers your choose to make...

Or maybe you could just start as unemployed which is what I am looking to do :)

Manfredonia in the Italian Serie C2 :cool:

Success so far:

Season 1 - Serie C2 - 4th place finish, promotion through playoffs

Season 2 - Serie C1 - 4th place finish, promotion through playoffs

Season 3 - Serie B - 15th place finish

Season 4 - Serie B - 15th place finish

Season 5 - Serie B - 15th place finish

Season 6 - Serie B - 6th place finish, lost in playoff semi final

Season 7 - Serie B - 1st place finish, Champions

Season 8 - Serie A - only a few games in so far

i started unemployed, got swindon and norway job, after 18 matches with swindon was 2nd, but i applied for pompey job and get forced to resign, after a month i applied for preston and was accepted, and they were 8th when i took over, got them promoted through playoffs:D currently 2nd in my wcq group with norway after 5 games

I back the Bournemouth suggestion, great team and extremely likelly to overcome the points deduction, and danny hollands is your man for the job, awesome captain, and scores loads of goals for me.

IMO he is the Steven Gerrard of league two.

I would also recommend Wycombe

morecambe:

1st season - league 2: promoted through play-offs

2nd season - league 1: promoted through play-offs

3rd season - championship: 10th

4th season - 5th after 36 games

4 seasons wheeling and dealing. I'd recommend stuart fleetwood as a prolific lower league striker - signed for 6k from charlton and scored about 35 goals in L2. Less prolific in L1 with 14 though he did have an injury at the start of the season. Lewis Gobern (wolves RM) and Sean Mcaid (donny LB) will also improve your squad.

In L1 i signed daniel jones for 10k from wolves and he's now worth 2mill, excellent player and really good in training and with preferred moves. He's excellent with dead balls as well. I'd also recommend filipe morais, a winger from hibs signed for 16k. Sam Sodje from Reading is an excellent championship CD signed on a free. Once i'd signed those players i shot up the table. Ben Burgess is also good at L1 level and not bad in the champ - decent target man.

Thats player naming mate, you cant mantion how good players will be in the future, you will find player naming is frowned upon in GD, welcome to the forums:thup:

Thats player naming mate, you cant mantion how good players will be in the future, you will find player naming is frowned upon in GD, welcome to the forums:thup:

oops :o i'd better delete it quickly! never have been very good with ettiquette. Thanks.

Somebody mentioned Notts County, i would second that despite having a run in with there "firm" in Hooters in Nottingham on my stag do!

Can anyone shed any light on why so many people seem to be managing Gateshead? Just wondered as i suppose they are the team closest to where i was born and wouldnt mind giving it a go. Do they have a massive stadium or bags of money etc....

Thanks.

Ah - I would suggest to always go to wikipedia and read the story of the club; every british club has / has had his part in history.

The go and have a look at the stadium with google earth

After that you should be fine and really on fire to ride the tiger and challange like the best managers do...

• Administrators

AFC W in BSS, Stafford BSN, San Marino C2 are my personal choices. I'm bloody desperate for 9.0.3 so I can get started!

Want a real challenge? Accrington Stanley. I have them up in the Premiership after 48 days, 11 hours and 14 minutes of game time.... no joke, my addict rating is "You just put the game on vacation to see these messages, didn't you?". I am a frickin' legend.

I know its not exactly what your looking for .. but for a different type of challenge .. try one of the lesser British (or Irish) leagues .. with the aim of at least qualifying for the Group Stages of the Champions League. I always enjoy playing with TNS in the Welsh Leagues and although your one of the best in the division and will probably win a lot of competitions - that building over a few years a squad good enough to squeeze into the Champs League group stages is always enjoyable (and once there - you're set up for life due to the prize money). You'll never be able to attract any players above league 1 / league 2 standard until you do manage to get to the group stages and build your reputation (and will get hammered a few times in trying to reach your aim by the 2nd tier Euro teams!! You need a bit of luck in the qualifying draws!) - but always fun! Only drawback is after a few seasons your way ahead of the rest in the Welsh Division ...

Archived