How important is a dedicated fitness coach?

At Bolton I've got 1 fitness coach and he's crap. However, I have a first team coach and a regular coach who have 20 fitness training ability. Will it make a difference if I sack my fitness coach to get Gary Speed in for his mental coaching attribute (20)? Or is it better to have a dedicated fitness coach, even if he's lousy?

I think this is somethink that should be looked into. It's not realistic for a general coach to have the same or better fitness training ability than a dedicated coach ( at least when their reputation is the same). Nor it's realistic for the first to be more important in the player's fitness progress than the fitness coach.

All the Fitness/Goalkeeping/General means is what they're prepared to coach. A Fitness coach with Fitness Training of 19 is not as good at coaching strength/aerobic as a General Coach with Fitness Training of 20. It's a job title, not a skill. And, as phnompenhandy says, dedicated coaches will generally ask for lower salaries than general coaches of a similar reputation. Also, only stat that matters for a fitness coach is Fitness; mental coaching is useful for Set Pieces and Ball Control training but not for Fitness.

Archived