Dual Nationality Regens

I've seen loads, including some with three nationalities. Among them:

Blessing Abdul, England/Nigeria

Leung Man Pan, England/Hong Kong/Ireland (before you suggest that I've played for a while and this lad got Irish nationality by playing in Ireland, he's 16 and came up from Colchester's youth system six months ago)

Mohammed Peters, England/Nigeria/Australia

Carlos Bonfim, New Zealand/Brazil

Collins Nwosu, Nigeria/England (this guy is in my squad)

Liu Jian, Scotland/China

Cidimar Monteiro, Brazil/Spain

Marc Scholz, Wales/Germany

The likes of Liu Jian certainly catch your eye when you see a Chinese name on a Scottish player :)

In my latest MLS Superdraft there were 9 Mexico / U.S.A.. They all had Spanish/Latino names except Gabe Shaw.

There was also Alberto Collado, who is Brazil / Spain / Japan.

EDIT: That's out of 125 players. There are a ton of Mexico / U.S.A. regens in the game by the way.

I had a Japanese/Brazilian regen was a very good striker aswell.

Despite there being loads of Japanese-Brazilians hardly any of 'em ever seem to play football. :/

In my games I've seen loads of them, being Irish I keep an eye on the player pool and have seen lots of Irish/English and Irish/Nigerian, Irish/Polish, etc.

I have seen a Peruvian/Japanese World Class left back regen named "Park Rui". He aquired Spanish nationality along the way while playing for Arsene Weneger's Valencia.

He came through at a Peruvian club, but plays for Japan.

I should add to that in the same save there was a decent English/Hong Kong left winger, who managed to become an England international. His name was "Leun Ting Leung" and he came through at Middlesbrough.

It tends to happen a fair bit in the English leagues, particularly with clubs based in London, where you tend to get a fair few regens with Carribbean or African second nationality. But it happens elsewhere, too - Ive currently got an Austrian/Danish regen I've signed from Sturm Graz in one of my games.
Is his surname "Laudrup", by any chance? :p

I like it, as it adds a sense of realism to the game. Nice to see as well that it's not completely robotic when it comes to appearance, birthplace and so on. For instance, Liu Jian who I mentioned in my previous post is Scottish/Chinese, and was born in Lockerbie. Another regen whose nationalities were English/Hong Kong was born in Hong Kong, even though "English" was listed as his first nationality. I dunno about you, but seeing that gives me the impression that while he was born in Hong Kong he's lived in England for so long that he considers himself to be English, or something of that nature :)

Despite there being loads of Japanese-Brazilians hardly any of 'em ever seem to play football. :/

In my games I've seen loads of them, being Irish I keep an eye on the player pool and have seen lots of Irish/English and Irish/Nigerian, Irish/Polish, etc.

There are a few well-known Japanese-Brazilians who play football, like Rodrigo Tabata and Sandro Hiroshi.

And Paulinho Kobayashi who retired recently.

But baseball is very popular among Japanese-Brazilians, and they form the backbone of our baseball and softball teams.

I'm playing a game in Turkey atm and there are plenty of Turkish/German, Turkish/Dutch and turkish/swedish regens, which is true to life. There's also a Turkish/serbian player. No really strange combinations yet but on an FM08 game I got an Italian/Botswanan regen who came through my youth system at Blsany, a Czech club! He was rubbish though :D

Does anyone have a problem with dual nationality regens when they get called up for the national team? For example i am managing Newcastle and Kazenga Lua Lua is down as having Congo nationality but he plays for England U21's. The problem is on his profile it still states he is capped at U21 level next to his nationality of Congo. I would think that should change to England once he has chosen to play for them? Otherwise it looks like he has played U21's for Congo unless you look more in depth at his stats.....

I've got a Latvian born regen who came through at Middlesbrough, was only eligible for England despite not being able to speak English! Whether this was by fluke or design, it's a possibility in modern Britian.

This is an old screenshot, Roland Matovic.

Yeah, once there was some guy in England who was eligible for Turkey. When he was selected for Turkey, he couldn't communicate because he only spoke English and his teammates not.

I forgot his name...

I've got a Latvian born regen who came through at Middlesbrough, was only eligible for England despite not being able to speak English! Whether this was by fluke or design, it's a possibility in modern Britian.

This is an old screenshot, Roland Matovic.

The best thing is that according to the screen shot, he made his one and only international appearance against, of all people, Latvia.

Yeah, once there was some guy in England who was eligible for Turkey. When he was selected for Turkey, he couldn't communicate because he only spoke English and his teammates not.

I forgot his name...

As Portuguese I´ve seen that happened some times in sub-21, sub-19 and sub-17 Portuguese teams with the sons of portuguese emigrants in France, Switzerland, Germany, etc.

As for the question, I´ve seen lots of regens with double nationality.

What I don´t understand is because a player that is Brasilian/Portuguese or BR/Italian and has less than 18 yrs can´t be signed by a team in Europe till he has 18 yrs old. After all when they have 18 yrs they would have EU nationality imediately, why not before?

What I don´t understand is because a player that is Brasilian/Portuguese or BR/Italian and has less than 18 yrs can´t be signed by a team in Europe till he has 18 yrs old. After all when they have 18 yrs they would have EU nationality imediately, why not before?
These are guys who are playing in Brazil, I take it? http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2733179&postcount=8 should clear it up for you :)

There are a few well-known Japanese-Brazilians who play football, like Rodrigo Tabata and Sandro Hiroshi.

And Paulinho Kobayashi who retired recently.

But baseball is very popular among Japanese-Brazilians, and they form the backbone of our baseball and softball teams.

Ah cool. I didn't realise there were so many Japanese Brazilians until I went to Sao Paolo. :p

Archived