How do I go about getting a champions league slot

I'm currently the manager of Fram in Iceland, and I noticed at the moment, the best I can aspire to achieve is a place in the UEFA cup, what exactly is required to adjust the co-efficients in such a way that the Icelandic league ends up with a CL slot for the club that wins the league etc.

Also, how long will this roughly take as well, I've managed to sign Teddy Sheringham (now 43), Onandi Lowe from a Jamaican side and a few ex iceland/sweden/denmark internationals with like an average squad age of 32 lol. So obviously the squad is knocking on a bit as it is, but its dominating the icelandic league.

Well, if any Icelantic sides do well in Europe or Iceland do well in an International tournament that would improve it, I think. I think there are two slots for Icelandic teams in the Champions League though.

There's 2 Euro Cup (UEFA cup) and 1 euro vase spot presently available in the league. I got smashed in europe last season so its going to be a long time I expect.

I think you just need to amass enough co-efficient points from the Icelandic sides competing in European competitions to rise high enough in the rankings to get a Champions League spot. Only the previous 5 seasons are taken into account for UEFA co-efficients so a couple of runs in the UEFA cup might be enough to get a Champions League place.

Well sign some good free transfers and take the best of the two relegated teams, so just build up the best team you can. Keep qualifying for Europe, get a few bob from that. improve youth facilities and training facilities. players will improve and you might just qualify for the group stages. And Euro cup is CL.

you will have to get fairly far into the uefa each year for about 5 years and after that you should ove up a few places and have lke 1 cl and 1 euro and 1 intertoto. havent russia rised up through the rankings and are now level with scotland and get the same ammount?

The champions cup is the champions league mate, otherwise, Barcelona, AC milan, Man utd & co are all in the wrong competition icon_confused.gif

It would seem highly unlikely the icelandic league would have 2 champions league spots when there is only 10 teams in the division to start with, are the co-efficients still listed visibly on the game?

Archived