Manager's Favoured Personnel

A small improvement for the game in my opinion would be the ability to be able to select our own favoured personnel. I've always found it odd how we as managers in the game can't select who we actually like/dislike. I think it would add a sense of realism to the game and as far as I know it would be reasonably simple to implement. In CM03/04 I always ended up being told that one of my favoured personnel was Craig Bellemy, but in real life I can't stand the neckless little gremlin (I just played him because he was amazingly good back in cm03/04). All I'm suggesting is that when you right click on a players name that there is an option to select a player as favoured personel and there should probably be a limit to the number of players a manager could select.

I've brought this up once before and had a couple of people say that this wouldnt work because doing so would enhance the chances of a player joining if he was in your favoured personnel. I am pretty sure this is completely wrong as it is only when YOU the manager are in the players own favoured personel that he is more likely to want to join your club.

This is true to life as well as no matter how much lets say Joe Kinnear might like Messi he's hardly going to join Newcastle. Perhaps if you are a manager of world class status like Ferguson or Wenger, you could indeed have some influence over a player by having them in your favoured personnel as they might be flattered to know such an esteemed manager rates them highly and then might be more willing to join.

This could also work with disliked personnel also. We could decide that we dislike a player and add him to our lit of disliked personnel. This then might put the disliked players off joining the club (but should probably only have a minor influence on this decision as it might not be public knowledge that the manager dislikes the player).

very good idea, to be honest mate, i've thought this before as i would love to have the option to put my favourite local/international players down in my profile.

although it wouldn't have any major changes within the game, it would be good to see this implemented :)

Might be better if this was linked to media comments:

e.g. You "praise player for performance" - you get a +10 to fav presonnel.

or you "state that x is a quality player" - same again.

This way it would be fluid and would alter as the game went on.

Favoured personnel should only work for staff, and only after a certain amount of time working together. For players, a manager should really be unbiased and go on form etc

In theory yes, but we all have our favorites, as do real life managers. Like when Ferguson persisted with Fletcher when he really wasnt delivering for instance or how Martin O'Neill has brought several players from one club to another (Lennon and Guppy from Leicster to Celtic and Petrov and Heskey to Villa)

This makes sense and if the idea was to be implemented I'd say SI would probably do it in this sort of way. Personally I prefer being just able to choose who I like/dislike as just because I publically praise a player doesn't mean I like him that much (ie Moyes was heavily praising Anicebe recently despite the bust up).

In theory yes, but we all have our favorites, as do real life managers. Like when Ferguson persisted with Fletcher when he really wasnt delivering for instance or how Martin O'Neill has brought several players from one club to another (Lennon and Guppy from Leicster to Celtic and Petrov and Heskey to Villa)

*cough*RafaLucas!*uncough*

I've commented on this before and the point is whether it would have any impact on the game?

If it does, then I'm all for this but if it is just so we can list who we like, then it is utterly pointless. As a human manager, we know who we like and who we dislike. I would hate the system where FM decided who you like and don't like because as pointed out in the OP, it could add someone you hate on your favoured list.

Favoured is not the same as Favourite. What the game is doing is reacting to who the manager prefers to play. It has nothing to do with liking the player, as a person or as a player. It's like the manager attributes. The game is reflecting how you play and who you play.

Favoured is not the same as Favourite. What the game is doing is reacting to who the manager prefers to play. It has nothing to do with liking the player, as a person or as a player. It's like the manager attributes. The game is reflecting how you play and who you play.

But favoured personnel for everyone is is who they like, it should be the same for a human manager.

This is not entirely correct. In the database a manager's favoured personnel include both players they preferred to play as well as players they simply got on well with, as well as staff members they are connected to. This also of course included family relations, ie. Frank Lampard junior is one of Frank Lampard Seniors favoured personnel so to say that it has nothing to do with liking the player is very much wrong.

I like the idea in general and I like that kinda way of implementing it. Definite thumbs-up.

And to the people saying this is pointless, is it pointless allowing managers to select their gender, name or favoured club? None of these - and many other minor features - have any real bearing in the game but they add an extra dimension to the game and make it that bit more personal. I'm in favour of any minor features that allow a player to give their manager more depth (so long as it stops short of actually giving out skills and stat points and turning a management sim into an RPG).

Archived