Tutoring System

How does the game determine how the players will get on, I have made sure that i only ask one player to tutor another if they both speak the same language, and obviously same position. I also take height into consideration usually, yet I have just had two reserves fall out with the experienced players that are tutoring them. any ideas?

lol is anyone who knows the answer going to answer him instead of going on about the height part?... Hes after help....

ok then.. same sort of personality types is what i usually go for, but i'm not sure if that is the correct way of doing it! (seems to work well though) oh, and i make sure that they speak the same language.

Another factor to consider is usually personality. If both players have too differing personalities, there stands a greater risk of a fall-out in the future.

I also tend to look out for clues as to which players the youth looks up to in the first team squad, stuff like "Feels Player X is a vital part of the team". Or when the youth is compared to another established player in the squad, like "Similar type of player to Player Y".

Sometimes though, everything may seem to align perfectly, yet it might still end up badly. As I understand, tutoring is a gamble. You can shorten your odds as best as possible, but there is always a risk of failure.

I choose my tutors by looking at their personality and position.. I also look at some stats like determination and team-work, so if the tutor has high determination then he might help the youngster getting the same.. Thats what I think at least...

This is definitely the case. You use the tutoring system to help your youth players attain PPMs as well as alter their determination attribute.

And the opposite to your example holds true as well. If your tutor has a lower determination attribute than the trainee, the trainee's determination attribute will decrease.

I also tend to look out for clues as to which players the youth looks up to in the first team squad, stuff like "Feels Player X is a vital part of the team". Or when the youth is compared to another established player in the squad, like "Similar type of player to Player Y".

That's what I do usually too for tutoring.

It is hit and miss really. In an old game I tried it twice with Ben Sahar and Andrei Shevchenko. It worked well once, but they fell out on another game.

Oh well.

What do the different options do? Something about PPMs and player personality, or something.

I tried getting Adebayor to tutor Bendtner once. Bendtner's profile says he felt he worked well with Adebayor, but after a couple of weeks Bendtner said they were too different to work together, costing me some squad harmony. Dagnamnit.

I tried getting Adebayor to tutor Bendtner once. Bendtner's profile says he felt he worked well with Adebayor, but after a couple of weeks Bendtner said they were too different to work together, costing me some squad harmony. Dagnamnit.

You should know better. They don't really get along...:D

What do the different options do? Something about PPMs and player personality, or something.

Lyssien said he did extensive tests and found that the difference between the various tutoring options is the duration of time the tutor spends working with the youth. The top-most option affords the pair the longest duration and the bottom-most option the shortest.

Edit: Remembered who it was who ran the tests! :)

Lyssien said he did extensive tests and found that the difference between the various tutoring options is the duration of time the tutor spends working with the youth. The top-most option affords the pair the longest duration and the bottom-most option the shortest.

Edit: Remembered who it was who ran the tests! :)

Well, it's nice to be remembered :)

I said that

- all three options do exactly the same thing (personality change + PPM)

- If there is a difference, I cannot find it.

- Despite all the tests, I still have no clue as to when tutoring will succeed. There was no pattern I could figure out. By success, I mean the players becoming friends, the youngster's personality will change even if tutoring is not successful. The extent to which it changes, does depend on success though.

I did say at some point that I experienced a change in tutoring duaration that I needed to test further, and I am sure that's what you remember (not exactly as you described it though). However, I couldn't replicate it. Either I was mistaken or it was one off. So please disregard what I said about duration for the time being.

thanks campbell1982! I meant height for strikers, for instance i wouldn't let Peter Crouch tutor Aguero, because they have different styles, so I suppose it's more of a style thing really! Also what's the duration of tutoring, i thought it would be 6 months but sometimes it seems to be longer, i like to loan my players out and obviously there's no point in tutoring them if they're going to be at different clubs.

I meant height for strikers, for instance i wouldn't let Peter Crouch tutor Aguero, because they have different styles, so I suppose it's more of a style thing really!
Height still shouldn't be a factor - you don't have to be a lanky bastard like Crouch to be good at getting on the end of crosses. For instance, Tim Cahill's got a fantastic talent for scoring from headers and he's only 5'8". He's shorter than I am, for God's sake. When it comes to forwards, just look at their stat strengths to determine whether they're "fast strikers" or "target strikers", and pair them up accordingly. They may also still get something out of being paired with a striker of the other style so they can become more of an all-rounder. Your 6'5" attacker being dwarfed and beaten to balls in the air by a couple of 6'8" defenders? Not so much of a concern when he's also capable of beating the offside trap and chasing after through-balls, is it? ;)

Another factor to consider is usually personality. If both players have too differing personalities, there stands a greater risk of a fall-out in the future.

Sometimes though, everything may seem to align perfectly, yet it might still end up badly. As I understand, tutoring is a gamble. You can shorten your odds as best as possible, but there is always a risk of failure.

Thats definently true. I bought a regen striker who was similar to Torres according to his personal page but they had a falling out when i got torres to tutor him.

Archived