Tapping Up

J.W.

yes its possible....

through praising the player throughout a season you can convince superstars and wonderkids to leave their club and join you...

but of course constant praising can annoy and unsettle players in a negative way too and you may end up on their disliked list rather then their liked one..

The closest thing you can do to tapping up a player is in player interaction tell the press how much you like him for a while and then start saying you'll do all you can to sign him and he may become unsettled at his current club and make trying to sign him easier

There isn't a way to tap up a player as you would in real life because it's against the rules of the game. Anything like that will never be included, along with streakers and football hooligans.

although i don't like hooligans or streakers, don't you think it would be more realistic if very rarely you could get fined for trouble at your ground?

i dont think tapping up is quite in the same league as hooliganism, but its interesting to see if its possible and how easy it is.

i've succeeded in making a transfer target "unhappy" and wanting to leave club but the club did not accept any lower bids than what my scout report suggested (which was far too expensive) and i moved on to other targets.

i think it could possibly work better with players at lower standard clubs to yours

It has never worked for me but it has certainly worked against me. I had a certan young Spanish player who I signed on a free (you all know who it is) playing for Spurs and was turning down bids of £40m for him. In January Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal all started praising him and saying they wanted to sign him.

He got the ump I would not sell him and started to play so badly I had to drop him. At the end of the season he was only worth £8m and had to sell him £11m as my team all got the ump with him and his moaning.

There isn't a way to tap up a player as you would in real life because it's against the rules of the game. Anything like that will never be included, along with streakers and football hooligans.

Lol can you imagine streakers!!!!!:D:D:D:D

dunno about anyone else but im gettin reet ****ed off with the likes of harry redknapp and claude puel telling everyone how great my star players are and constantly unsettling them. should be able to report them. on the different games that ive had these two are always at it.

I spent 6 months telling the press how much I wanted to sign one of Bolton's players resulting him demanding to be transfer listed. They refused to grant his request untill I was about to confirm the deal to sign him for £18 million so I cancelled the transfer and paid their asking price which was only £1.8 million as he was so unhappy. Saved myself £16 million.

I spent 6 months telling the press how much I wanted to sign one of Bolton's players resulting him demanding to be transfer listed. They refused to grant his request untill I was about to confirm the deal to sign him for £18 million so I cancelled the transfer and paid their asking price which was only £1.8 million as he was so unhappy. Saved myself £16 million.

great example:thup: just wanted to know if it's possible as i'm in the process of trying to sign ashley young for liverpool!

hes considering his options atm- and im one of his favoured personnel :D

Archived