International Management - Uruguay

There have been quite a few threads on here about ‘international management’ in FM2009.

Anyone who does reasonably well in their first two seasons, seems to get a shot at managing a national side after the 2010 World Cup ends. Ivory Coast and Nigeria, along with their lack of GK’s, seem to be two very common jobs on offer.

But last week I was offered the Uruguay job!!!! What a difference, compared to Africa.

For a start I’ve got no problems picking three GK’s in the squad. BUT the big difference is the Qualifying group for the 2014 World Cup. There are 9 (nine) teams in the group, Brazil are hosts, and I have to play 16 games in a mini-league format. It’s great fun, and my knowledge of South American talent has increased greatly, helping my club side pick up some great young talent.

Has anyone else managed one of the national sides in South America?

Is the Uruguayan League a playable option when I start a new game after patch 9.0.3 comes out?

wow, i never thought of that, manage a south american side = your scouting knowledge goes up, obvious really! I'm currently manager of Spain but seeing as that's my second nationality in game then it's of no scouting use at all.

Cheers for the tip, Colombia here I come!

I've managed Argentina (and won the World Cup in 2010) but I usually have that league running.

Uruguay is indeed one of the playable leagues in the game.

Not sure if I fancy managing Argentina, or Brazil, would be too easy!!!

Bit like the playing as Rangers in the SPL,,,,,;)

I'm not into LLM, but generally I tend to avoid the bigger clubs/nations. It's just two easy playing as one of the 'big 4' in England, Real/Barca in Spain etc.

Although I always play a few seasons as Rangers before I get bored and start my 'long term' savegame.

Ter, I'm at work and very limited by the firewall as to what websites I can view.

Can you maybe cut & paste a paragraph or two for me on Uruguayan League in FM2009?

wow, i never thought of that, manage a south american side = your scouting knowledge goes up, obvious really! I'm currently manager of Spain but seeing as that's my second nationality in game then it's of no scouting use at all.

Cheers for the tip, Colombia here I come!

Not only does your 'scouting knowledge' of the country whose national side you are managing go up, there a a couple of added bonuses too.

1) My nationality ingame is Scottish, my language ingame is English. By managing Uruguay, Spanish appeared as one of my languages ingame. Which should help longer term when I apply for Real Madrid job and also in my present job when signing or dealing with Brazilian wonderkids.

2) I use the fringe players in my squad, and subs in matches almost as trialists for my club side. Basically any young, promising home-based players from the U-21/23 squad I promote to senior squad and stick on bench. Depending on how match is going I try to give them a run out in 2nd half. If they are any good I sign them for my club-side. i.e. Unknown South American wonderkid for under £1M.

:thup:

Archived