Is there a need for more fluctuating stats?

Right now we have players who only real 'stats' persay that change are fitness and morale. Morale isn't so much a stat but rather a mental conditioning of the player, I was sat here thinking that a player who is on a goalscoring drought still having 20 for composure was very unrealistic, during this time his composure would have dipped to a point where its very low, not permanently but lets face it, all strikers go through ups and downs - some may spend a couple of years in these lower doldrums with little confidence.

It's more of an issue with mental stats for me, and some technical ones, sometimes you have midfielders who can play inch perfect passes only again to have a few problems and be terrible for a few games until they get back on form. Overall though things like influence, determination, team work, work rate, composure and perhaps some others would be more reflective of true players if they were quite pliable. Rather than having a fixed variable perhaps bunched in groups of 4 perhaps players could have like labels in the place of these stats which would be a rough guide to how they're currently performing.

EG Torres has gone 22 hours without a goal and his composure is poor (4 - 8), however his determination is excellent (16 - 20) to try and remedy this.

As players become complacent work rate & determination decline with some players, others it inspires to improve. Some become almost depressed by goal droughts and lose attributes in more mental areas and influence is one that really should be variable. A player can fall from grace rather quickly at clubs, if he's falling out with players, been on the fringes of the squad or fallen out with staff his influence would be far reduced from what it normally would be.

Things like fines & media comments would also have more bearing on these kinds of mental stats.

At the end of the day, I know its a dream but it would be nice and if designed properly would work quite nicely in our games.

I was using an example of a player most people will know, if you don't like sub his name for anyone you want not to go scoring for 22 hours lol. But yea the CA PA system how it is at the moment wouldn't be able to facilitate this unless these stats were removed from that and given their own section.

I will have to absolutely, aggressively, wholeheartedly, disagree with the idea, even if it is indeed realistic.

My reason is this: Making sense of how players develop and why they develop like that is a really challenging task for nearly everyone at the moment. See the "A Closer Look at Training" discussion that is stickied in the T&T forum to get an idea. If this is already challenging for experienced and motivated gamers, I can only imagine that it must be a nightmare for casual players, much more so than the match engine is (and that's why a lot of people disregard training alltogether).

Right now, when we see an attribute change, we have to figure out: Is it due to training? Or maybe natural progression? Or tutoring instead? Maybe it is because of first team playing time? Because of retraining to a new position? Happiness? Or is it because of a hidden rebalancing of attributes, so that the relationship between Current Ability and attributes is maintained? Could it be totally random for heaven's sake? We get confused and start crying out of frustration. OK, I am exaggerating a little bit.

Getting attributes to fluctuate more, will just make things even worse, in my opinion.

Archived