am i evil?

i recently won the league with plymouth but found adebayor to be making life much harder for me by scoring millions of goals for arsenal, so i thought it would be a good idea to buy him....with the intention of never playing him.

i tryed to buy him cash up front but arsenal wanted £100m+, i thought that to be a bit steep so i offered them £40m + £40m for 50 games + £40m for 50 goals and they accepted it

but i never intend to play adebayor as i have better players available, so really i signed him for £40m as he will never play 50 games or score 50 goals. i plan to leave him in my reserves for a year unless i really need him, then sell him off to another country for a similar value hopefully.

does this make me evil?

What the Captain said, if you buy a player for such a amount of money the board and fans will not be happy if you don't play him at all.

Selling him for a similar amount of money if, in my opinion, only possible if he plays (and plays well and score goals), if you let him rot in the reservers he will not get the attention of big money clubs who then are willing to spend millions on a reserve player.

But hey it is your game you can play they way you want.

That's not evil, just irrational.

Just play him as you feel good and sell him before he reaches the bonus payment marks unless you are happy to pay that much later on. If you don't play him, you will harm yourself as much as you harmed Arsenal.

Dude play him, you may have better strikers, but goal draughts are frequent, and if your strikers are suffering badly from draughts, im sure adebayor will get the goals you need, sometimes form is more important than ability, use adebayor, im sure he will be a good purchase in the end.

• 1 month later...

update on the adebayor situation, he played one seaon for me, played rubbish in the 10 apps he made, spent most of his time injured but still managed to sell him to juve for £40million. have played juve twice since and he has been subbed in both games :) i think it was good business

I did this with Demba Ba when Blackburn signed him and he was destroying me everytime I played them. Eventually I ended up buying him but the difference is though - he has been a first team regular for about 6 seasons now and has scored me a shed load of goals. I don't see the point in buying a player and leaving him to rot in your reserves! :rolleyes:

i used to do that unintentional, likek buy players that performed well for other teams but after i bought them i decided i didnt want them so i effectively ruined their careers by letting them rot in the reserves

Dude play him, you may have better strikers, but goal draughts are frequent, and if your strikers are suffering badly from draughts, im sure adebayor will get the goals you need, sometimes form is more important than ability, use adebayor, im sure he will be a good purchase in the end.

Close all doors and windows, also fit draught excluders, it should take the chill off :thup:

Your right about droughts though, its always good to have a decent plan b!

Sorry to nitpick Stevie :thup:

Thats what celtic and rangers do if they think any player

is a threat they snap him up for pennies.

plays a few first team games then relegate them to the reserves.

thats why the slp is poor and it will be like that for many years.

i could go on all day about this but there will be no point.

just a wee rant

I think its personal ethics really isnt it.

Not something I would do, if I couldnt contain a player there would be 2 options

1) Evidently he is a good player and needs to be part of my squad for playing purposes

2) My tactics defensively suck balls

3) My defensive players suck balls

4) 2+3 combined

Note: I have done this on FM08, was having trouble containing Jordy Brouwer in league 2 as he was on loan. I saw his Scouse contract was up and got him on a free for wages outside of my structure. He continued to be a Iconic player for my club playing for a futher 5 seasons.

I wouldn't buy the player.

I would:

Add new manager (Manager A) of the club of offending player

Add new manager (Manager B) of another club in another league (say, Barca or Real Madrid)

Manager A sells offending player to Manager B

Then retire both managers. Offending player to be banished in another country, never to bother me again (unless we meet in Europe of course).

I wouldn't buy the player.

I would:

Add new manager (Manager A) of the club of offending player

Add new manager (Manager B) of another club in another league (say, Barca or Real Madrid)

Manager A sells offending player to Manager B

Then retire both managers. Offending player to be banished in another country, never to bother me again (unless we meet in Europe of course).

Thats worse than buying him and sidelining him in my eyes

Thats pretty much cheating :-p

But then peoples deffintion of cheating is differently, im sure some people would say player naming and playing without the fog of war is also cheating !

Thats what celtic and rangers do if they think any player

is a threat they snap him up for pennies.

plays a few first team games then relegate them to the reserves.

thats why the slp is poor and it will be like that for many years.

i could go on all day about this but there will be no point.

just a wee rant

Name them then.

I hear this all the time from diddy team fans yet they can never name these poor tormented well paid players who never get a game.

Barry Robson: Celtic regular

Scott Brown: Celtic 1st team

Kevin Thomson: Rangers 1st team and probably captain next year

Nacho Novo: Rangers regular

Kirk Broadfoot: Rangers 1st team

Steven Whittaker: Rangers regular

Kris Boyd: Rangers 1st team

Willo Flood: Celtic rotation

Steven Naismith: Rangers rotation

Alan Gow: on loan down south and doing great.

All of them are still playing football, none of them are rotting in the reserves.

1. Nobody is forcing your diddy teams to accept the Old firms offers.

2. Nobody is forcing the players to accept the terms of the contracts.

3. Nobody is purposefully keeping them in the reserves, if they are good enough they get played.

Seriously... if you actually think that the old firm needs to care about the likes of Falkirk or Killie getting one good player that they rush out to buy him incase said team wins the SPL then you realy are deluded.

Name them then.

I hear this all the time from diddy team fans yet they can never name these poor tormented well paid players who never get a game.

Barry Robson: Celtic regular

Scott Brown: Celtic 1st team

Kevin Thomson: Rangers 1st team and probably captain next year

Nacho Novo: Rangers regular

Kirk Broadfoot: Rangers 1st team

Steven Whittaker: Rangers regular

Kris Boyd: Rangers 1st team

Willo Flood: Celtic rotation

Steven Naismith: Rangers rotation

Alan Gow: on loan down south and doing great.

All of them are still playing football, none of them are rotting in the reserves.

1. Nobody is forcing your diddy teams to accept the Old firms offers.

2. Nobody is forcing the players to accept the terms of the contracts.

3. Nobody is purposefully keeping them in the reserves, if they are good enough they get played.

Seriously... if you actually think that the old firm needs to care about the likes of Falkirk or Killie getting one good player that they rush out to buy him incase said team wins the SPL then you realy are deluded.

Derek Riorden

Chris Killen

Kenny Miller(1sttime round)

Graeme Smith

Mark Brown

Alan Gow(Don't give me this rubbish about him being on loan, played once for R****rs against East Fife)

Zaluska won't get a game

Stephen Pearson

Ulrik Laursen

David Fernandez

Allan Johnston

Paul Ritchie

Dariuz Adamczuk

I think that'll do for now.

And in reply to your 3rd point, Why are they signed if they are not good enough? Hmmmm....

that is exactly what mourinho did to any player in his team that got better attention than the "special one" himself.

Shevchenko in Chelsea, now Adriano in inter. LOL

Wow, talk about ignorance. Shevchenko was never Mourinho's first choice and he was middling at best when he did get to play. Adriano had been inconsistent for Inter; could that have something to do with the personal problems that led him to disappear from his club?

If you want to dog Mourinho, there's plenty of other things you could harp on. But frankly, you swung, missed, and fell flat on your ass by attempting to call him out for that nonsense.

Wow, talk about ignorance. Shevchenko was never Mourinho's first choice and he was middling at best when he did get to play. Adriano had been inconsistent for Inter; could that have something to do with the personal problems that led him to disappear from his club?

If you want to dog Mourinho, there's plenty of other things you could harp on. But frankly, you swung, missed, and fell flat on your ass by attempting to call him out for that nonsense.

i think you read it wrong, you are saying exactly what he meant. ie. mourinho did the same with those 2 players as the first poster explained. Buy them and never play them. the ignorance is on you

??

i think you read it wrong, you are saying exactly what he meant. ie. mourinho did the same with those 2 players as the first poster explained. Buy them and never play them. the ignorance is on you

??

He never bought Adriano, he was at Inter since along time ago.

??

Mourinho did not buy Shevchenko -- he was purchased by the owner of Chelsea because he was a personal friend. It was well documented that he was brought in against Jose's wishes.

Mourinho did not buy Adriano -- he was already at Inter when Jose joined and had been since 2001.

So neither player was bought by Mourinho, neither player came from a competing squad, and neither were consistently talented enough to feature in their respective sides. That would mean that none of what that poster implied was accurate.

Feel free to disagree, but you may as well shake your fist at gravity or declare war on the nature of subatomic particles.

*Shakes his fist at gravity and declares war on the nature of subatomic particles!

whatever that may mean, but it sure does make me sound kind of cool, I wonder if I could pick up some chicks with that ;)

Anyways, guess you are right about Adriano... but Chelsea did buy Shevchenko while Mourinho was coach there, maybe it was because of Abra but if Chelsea bought him, Mourinho bought him too.

Mourinho did not buy Shevchenko -- he was purchased by the owner of Chelsea because he was a personal friend. It was well documented that he was brought in against Jose's wishes.

Mourinho did not buy Adriano -- he was already at Inter when Jose joined and had been since 2001.

So neither player was bought by Mourinho, neither player came from a competing squad, and neither were consistently talented enough to feature in their respective sides. That would mean that none of what that poster implied was accurate.

Feel free to disagree, but you may as well shake your fist at gravity or declare war on the nature of subatomic particles.

Shevchenko have won more trophy than all chelsea squad member could ever dream of. Mourinho only won 1 ECL.

Adriano always shine in any club he palying for, until the big mouth manager came.

Idol is idol. but cannot ignore the fact, can we ? :)

Derek Riorden

Chris Killen

Kenny Miller(1sttime round)

Graeme Smith

Mark Brown

Alan Gow(Don't give me this rubbish about him being on loan, played once for R****rs against East Fife)

Zaluska won't get a game

Stephen Pearson

Ulrik Laursen

David Fernandez

Allan Johnston

Paul Ritchie

Dariuz Adamczuk

I think that'll do for now.

And in reply to your 3rd point, Why are they signed if they are not good enough? Hmmmm....

Steven Thompson another?

Your spot on what strachan did to Riordan was criminal. One of the brightest prospects in scottish football and he ruins him. It really is a shame and probably a good reason Scotland have been stuck for years and years with dross. He played well for celtic when he played and was liked by the fans.

My friend who is a celtic fan constantly does this on fm just buys competition and makes them rot in reserves and he always jokes about it. Says he's just doing what they do in real life.

Damn it, if I had that much transfer budget, I'd do the same, he seems to pop up with goals whenever I need Arsenal to get a bad result. He also scored 2 against me earlier in the season but I managed to win somehow.

Shevchenko have won more trophy than all chelsea squad member could ever dream of. Mourinho only won 1 ECL.

Adriano always shine in any club he palying for, until the big mouth manager came.

Idol is idol. but cannot ignore the fact, can we ? :)

Trust me, I'm open to talk about any of Mourinho's flaws. But to accuse him of buying players and letting them rot just so the opposition can't play them is absurd. Let's recount the facts:

Neither player was purchased by Jose. Adriano was already an Inter player and Shevchenko was bought by Abramovich and added to the squad against his will. In fact, Mourinho purchased very few players while at Chelsea. A significant part of his squad was brought in by the previous manager, Ranieri.

Shevchenko wasn't suited to dominate the English game. He was slow for a striker, unable to cope with higher pressure defence higher up the pitch, and he struggled to fit in at a club where he was the owner's pet. That doesn't change no matter how many trophies you have. Also note, he's struggled since his return to AC Milan.

Adriano was a inconsistent starter for Inter even before Mourinho joined due to his attitude. For example, he would stay up partying all hours of the night at clubs in Milan rather than rest for training/matches. There's a reason Mancini sent him on loan to the Brazilian side, and a reason why he even struggled to perform there.

Bah, it's amazing how frustrating an ignorant person spouting off nonsense can be. If you'd like to address any of the points I've made, I'll continue the discussion. But if not, have a good one :).

Archived