Regen Quaitly Impovement

I expect this might have been mentioned before but I can't find it.

I was wondering if say a smallish nation like Serbia, who are a side with potential, repeatedly do well in international tournements reaching semis and mabye a shock Euro championship win, over time as their reputation increase would the quality of their regens improve. Because kids in Serbia are inspired to play football. Mabye this could happen for a country like the US who have a huge population and are rich, if they win the world cup Football would become more popular and more kids would play and develop, so they have better regens.

I'm guessing it is not implemented in the current game, but in the future it would be good, especially in long term international saves where you could create a new footballing force.

I'm sure if you asked the college students playing football and who are trying to get into MLS or even Europe they would feel the game in the veins. Having said that I can see it being a good 20-30 years before USA gets anywhere near a level for seriously competing in the World Cup.

Its a very good point and I would also love to see the progression of leagues as well. In 08 my bayern side dominated europe for a two decades! and I often contested finals against bundesliga opponents. The uefa cup was also dominated by german teams yet the rep of the league never seemed to grow, my players always yearnd for 'bigger trophies' (what's bigger then a european cup?) and got unhappy.

US will NEVER win a World Cup...they dont feel football on their veins, on their bodies, they have the stupid beisball, let them die with it. The thing I will hate most in the whole world would be them as world champions.

wcwinners.jpg

FM says you're wrong. :)

By the way, as an American, I'm incredibly offended by that. Also, if you're going to spell baseball, spell it correctly, please. And you realize baseball's not even close to the most popular sport in the US, right?

Quality of League And Opposition And Funding.

you will never get MLS league upto a Prem standard in real life and its the same in the game as you said there main sports consist of running catching a ball and driving around a oval shaped track for 100+ laps.

Serbia not too sure on i think football must be big but also handball aswell (a sport)

both the Top American and Serbian footballers play abroad more wages and more chance of fullfilling potential. Same could be said about German league aswell most top players play outside germany

so the answer to the main question is most top players move abroad to better league so the players left in USA and Serbia are average hence why you get average regens in USA and Serbia.

you do get acceptions tho but as regens start at 15 countries/clubs youth development comes into it aswell Arsenal pick up kids around 6years old now n im guessing they learn from whats been passed down from senior players n retired players/coaches in USA dont happen

wcwinners.jpg

FM says you're wrong. :)

By the way, as an American, I'm incredibly offended by that. Also, if you're going to spell baseball, spell it correctly, please. And you realize baseball's not even close to the most popular sport in the US, right?

South Beach !!

I expect this might have been mentioned before but I can't find it.

I was wondering if say a smallish nation like Serbia, who are a side with potential, repeatedly do well in international tournements reaching semis and mabye a shock Euro championship win, over time as their reputation increase would the quality of their regens improve. Because kids in Serbia are inspired to play football. Mabye this could happen for a country like the US who have a huge population and are rich, if they win the world cup Football would become more popular and more kids would play and develop, so they have better regens.

I'm guessing it is not implemented in the current game, but in the future it would be good, especially in long term international saves where you could create a new footballing force.

Sorry but this is the most silly thing that I readed in my life!

I think that a lot of football skills are given by genetic and I can mention you the great football players that in last 20 years came from the "small poor country":

Dragan Stojkovic, Dejan Savicevic, Robert Prosinecki, Predrag Mijatovic, Miodrag Belodedic, Robert Jarni, Zvonimir Boban, Alen Boksic, Davor Suker, Dejan Stankovic, Niko Kranijckar, Luka Modric, Nikola Kalinic...

And people like Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Marko Marin that grew up somewhere else but have that blood in their veins.

I think that thanks god money have nothing to do with talent! Talent is a gift and it depends in a large part from the DNA: the most talented players that I saw in my life, speaking about technical skills, are the slavic from balcans, without any doubt.

I am Italian and I am watching football since 20 years, so I saw Maradona, Van Basten, Kakà etc. I can tell you that players from ex-Jugoslavia have something special, they have amazing skills.

I think that a lot of football skills are given by genetic and I can mention you the great football players that in last 20 years came from the "small poor country":

Dragan Stojkovic, Dejan Savicevic, Robert Prosinecki, Predrag Mijatovic, Miodrag Belodedic, Robert Jarni, Zvonimir Boban, Alen Boksic, Davor Suker, Dejan Stankovic, Niko Kranijckar, Luka Modric, Nikola Kalinic...

And people like Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Marko Marin that grew up somewhere else but have that blood in their veins.

I think that thanks god money have nothing to do with talent! Talent is a gift and it depends in a large part from the DNA: the most talented players that I saw in my life, speaking about technical skills, are the slavic from balcans, without any doubt.

I am Italian and I am watching football since 20 years, so I saw Maradona, Van Basten, Kakà etc. I can tell you that players from ex-Jugoslavia have something special, they have amazing skills.

Money helps develop talent though. The general population doesn't have to be rich but if the country invests a lot of money in football and youth development then talent is better nurtured. And skill is certainly not a genetic thing, people have talent to be athletes but which sport they choose, what skills they develop and how well they are developed are completely different matters.

The reason why a number of quality footballers are from poor backgrounds (e.g. Carlos Tevez) is because this gives them a reason to become determined and with no money there are less ways to entertain themselves so many kids will turn to sport. And it is for those reasons that sergio aguero's child is highly unlikely to ever become a supertalented footballer. Despite having a talented grandfather and a talented father his kid will have no reason to work hard for anything because of the family's immense wealth.

Money helps develop talent though. The general population doesn't have to be rich but if the country invests a lot of money in football and youth development then talent is better nurtured. And skill is certainly not a genetic thing, people have talent to be athletes but which sport they choose, what skills they develop and how well they are developed are completely different matters.

The reason why a number of quality footballers are from poor backgrounds (e.g. Carlos Tevez) is because this gives them a reason to become determined and with no money there are less ways to entertain themselves so many kids will turn to sport. And it is for those reasons that sergio aguero's child is highly unlikely to ever become a supertalented footballer. Despite having a talented grandfather and a talented father his kid will have no reason to work hard for anything because of the family's immense wealth.

No, it is just due to the genetic skills: south europeans, balcanic and south america are more talented in football than north european, americans and asians. I know it can sound harsh but this is... how many people from ex-jugoslavia or Turkey live in Switzerland or Sweden? I think they are not the majority of the population, anyway they are the best players of that teams...

This thread immediately went WAAAAY off-topic!

The OP was asking about whether nations' reputations change in FM. AFAIK unfortunately reputations of nations and leagues change very very slowly over a long period of time - i.e. effectively they don't. The only way Serbia (or US or any nation) would significantly improve is if you were to manage the national side.

Which is probably something that needs to be addressed. If you look at Australia since the inception of the a-league and the qualification of the australian national team for the 2006 world cup the sport has taken off in Australia and now many young players are being developed through the a-league and though i believe australia won't do too well if they qualify for the 2010 world cup they will do well in the future due to the talent being developed - not born!

Skills are not genetic!!!

Actually, the athletic skills, or in FM terms the physical attributes, are genetic. Many people confuse that with the "superiority of the X race" but that is absolutely wrong. You can look up the studies about the "ACTN3 gene" and you'll understand completely what I mean.

Technical attributes now, have to do with the enviroment the athlete is born and grown. And certainly can be improved with better facilities, investments in youth developement etc. So, up to a point, the OP is logical.

I think you are missing the point.

Firstly you mention players from all over ex Jugoslavia, not just Serbia which was used as an example.

Secondly you are using examples spread over two decades.

Thirdly even all that is not the point at all.

The question is should the likelihood of good regens be influenced by changes in the reputation of a nation? Not just upwards, also downwards...

The reason for the idea is that if you have national idols, more kids will be interested in playing a sport and a few years later, more talent should emanate from that nation.

So much for theory.

In practice I feel that such effect is hardly noticable. One example would be German tennis. In the 80ies and early 90ies, when Steffi Graf and Boris Becker were big, all kids wanted to play tennis in Germany. So the effect is undeniable. However, looking at today's world rankings, the kids from back then are sitting right here in front of this PC and not somewhere in Boca Raton. So there is no real guarantee for any such effect on future talent.

Also looking at the downward development in Germany's football in the 90ies, we are talking about the generation of kids which saw Germany finish 2nd, 2nd and 1st in successive world cups and the Bundesliga was #1 in the UEFA ranking. Under the OP's theory that should never have happened.

To summarize, I am sure that the interest in a sport is very much influenced by some national idols, but the relation to the development of better talent in the future (or newgens in FM) seems just too random to me. As it is neither explainable nor verifiable irl, it shouldn't be in the game.

Actually, the athletic skills, or in FM terms the physical attributes, are genetic. Many people confuse that with the "superiority of the X race" but that is absolutely wrong. You can look up the studies about the "ACTN3 gene" and you'll understand completely what I mean.

Technical attributes now, have to do with the enviroment the athlete is born and grown. And certainly can be improved with better facilities, investments in youth developement etc. So, up to a point, the OP is logical.

That is actually what i was saying, some people are more athletic than others and have the ability to develop technical skills but these skills are not genetic. However Piadinaro for some reason believes these skills are genetic when it really has to do with environment and culture.

Archived