football manager 2009 in mac

hi guys , im having problems installing football manager 2009 in a black macbook with osx 10.4.11, i click on the application on the icon of fm 2009 to install and then nothing happens i cant get trough the instalation icon .. anyone know a solution for this problem??

thanks ;)

autorun? u mean when a put the cd it apears a window with the aplication icon to install .. i click and it does nothing...

in the window apears saying 0 kb avaliable.. but my hard drive has still plenty space avaliale

I am not too sure then. You may need to wait for person with a mac to help you. :thup:

ok thanks anyway... mac owners apear :) i seen that it only works with osx 10.5.5 or above is this true?? please someone with mac confirm me this and tell me some solution thanks mates

i guess that theres no answer for me x(

hi mate, i'm sure youve already figured it out but i use a mac so ill try help, when you first load the disk, there should be a screen telling you to drag the logo, which is FM09, into the applications folder, once done i just go to my applications and its there, what OS are you using, leapord or tiger?

hi mate, i'm sure youve already figured it out but i use a mac so ill try help, when you first load the disk, there should be a screen telling you to drag the logo, which is FM09, into the applications folder, once done i just go to my applications and its there, what OS are you using, leapord or tiger?

im using osx 10.4.11 i think its leopard .. how can i know if its leopard or tiger?

well i think i cant install because of it isnt osx 1o.5.5 thats what i read because of the basic requirements... but i dont know if upgrade the osx will delete the things i got in the computer.. il try your solution anyway... thanks for answering

Ok- us Mac users have had some common problems, I will try and remember them all here and maybe one of them will do the trick!

A

The first thing I can think of is that you may have had a previous version of FM installed on your machine, which has been known to cause problems. You should clear the caches. So...

1. Go to your Macintosh HD folder then click on user shared then delete the sports interactive folder from there.

2. Go to your home folder which is the one in user/ username then choose the library folder

2.1 make sure you delete the sports interactive folder under caches folder.

2.2 make sure you delete the sports interactive folder under logs folder.

2.3 make sure you delete the sports interactive folder under preferences folder.

3. Click on your macintosh HD folder again and go straight to library then go to the receipts folder then you may see FM packages file there and other updates you may have installed then you go ahead and delete all Fm packages including the the updates too.

4. empty your trash and now you can start a fresh installation.

B

Now, the second thing that has caused issues with us Mac users is removing the demo of FM 2009. This causes the full game to not work. If you did have the demo installed you need to install it again, and then install the full game.

C

The next thing that could cause a problem is not having the proper version of Java installed on your machine. Try here for a solution to that:

http://blog.libinpan.com/2008/04/java-se-6-on-leopard-officially/

D

SI do say that FM09 is not OFFICIALLY supported on os10.4.x but that it MAY run for some users. Sadly, if all the above doesn't pay off then you may be one of the people who it won't work for...

Good Luck!

Archived