How do you prepare for a big big match?

I am just curious to see how people prepare for the big matches, possibly the match of the season. Be that the CL final, the title decider, a simple match against the team you really hate and can't lose too, or even your brother/friend who's playing in the same savegame with you.

P.S This includes tactics, strategy, interactions, players, everything.

Whenever I play Sunderland I save before to make sure I don't lose, yes cheating I know but I can't stand losing to them (Newcastle fan). I actually attend the press conferences for important games and I leave my best players out the game before to make sure they don't get injured.

I just secured the league title by defeating bitter rivals Spartak Moscow away 3-1 and all I did to prepare was to read the scout report and change our style of play for that match (I just needed a draw to become champion while they had to win). They scored after 42 seconds but I still won :D

When I know that its coming up (normally the CL final), I go and get a coffee, spend a lot more time over antagonising the opposing manager, make sure my 1st 11 and then the subs are all totally as I want them to be, happy and ready.

Match comes, I am more meticulous over match details and opposing player instructions.

Match starts, I watch as my 'taken-me-5-seasons-hand-crafted-team' wins it 3-1.

Match ends and I take a victory sip.

rest some important players the match before,then play some mind games with the opposite manager by prasing them highly, then comes the press conference I will deliberately give out wrong info like if the press ask me what style I would take to the match I would say I will be extremely defensive but actually im putting an attacking formation something like that, it works pretty well to me. :)

haha ususally after I win, I will say I tactically outclass him or ask him to learn a thing or two from me after me prasing him and respect him highly at the pre match comments!:D:D

Archived