Longest Time Unemployed?

Started a huge game with 5 mates (running 41 leagues over 30 countries) starting in June and we're now half way through January and no one has had been offered a job yet. Not even a sniff of the Albion Rovers job!! I mean come on, what chance have we got when we can't even get the job at the club bottom of the Scottish League?!?! :confused: All experience was set at automatic, we refuse to claim to be former international players.

Got me wondering, when starting a game unemployed, what is the longest someone has had to wait to get a job?

Started a huge game with 5 mates (running 41 leagues over 30 countries) starting in June and we're now half way through January and no one has had been offered a job yet. Not even a sniff of the Albion Rovers job!! I mean come on, what chance have we got when we can't even get the job at the club bottom of the Scottish League?!?! :confused: All experience was set at automatic, we refuse to claim to be former international players.

Automatic and start unemployed is a crazy combination and I wouldn't be surprised if SI stops it in the next patch. Automatic means give me the right level of experience for the job I select, Unemployed means you don't select the job! You are telling the computer two conflicting things with those choices. I would recommend starting again with a better balance - either choose your clubs or choose your experience.

Automatic and start unemployed is a crazy combination and I wouldn't be surprised if SI stops it in the next patch. Automatic means give me the right level of experience for the job I select, Unemployed means you don't select the job! You are telling the computer two conflicting things with those choices. I would recommend starting again with a better balance - either choose your clubs or choose your experience.
Read the post directly above yours. I use Automatic/Unemployed all the time and I've NEVER had difficulty in finding employment. In FM08 I used to load up 10+ random leagues, start unemployed with automatic and I'd always get a job within a year - whether it was in the bottom league in Northern Ireland or Romania, the dregs of the football world would be willing to let me have a punt.

As for my longest period unemployed, sixteen years, when I had set it so that I wouldn't apply for jobs, and I just went on holiday for a while for the hell of it.

Started unemployed, auto exp and an uncapped international career

nationalities are English and Indian (seconadry)

Leagues, English league 2 and above,

Spaninsh and Italian, 2 leagues each

Got offered the Wycombe Wanderers job, mid-December, 2008.

so theres hope out there

so theres hope out there

We're near the end of the season now and still nothing, despite there being easily an average of 3 jobs a week becoming available across the globe.

Not sure what is classed as my lowest league. I have the top two divisions in the big Euro nations (Italy, Germany, Spain, etc) but go down to Div 2 in England and Div 3 in Scotland (which I thought would be the lowest - but 3 jobs in that division and not one of us out of 6 got a sniff). I am running the top league only in loads of nations ranging from Columbia to Finland to Australia to South Africa to China.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same with the new patch, loaded english, (BSP and up) scottish (div 3), and other european leagues and put reputation to automatic, one season in and i wasnt offered anything and also not one conference manager was sacked through the season (only the 4 relegated clubs sacked their managers at the end of the season)

Surely this is a bug as you'd thnk at least 2-3 managers would get the chop in the BSP, as in the rest of the leagues there was the usual managerial merry go round. Is v9.3.0 buggered?

Cheers

I set this same reputation but the lowest loaded league was bsn/bss so i got job a braintree straight off you must have a worse leage than that loaded with no free jobs....

Same here. All leagues from England, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain loaded. My manager is English with Scottish second nationality. Was offered the Braintree job straight away.

so theres hope out there

That is quite right mate!

Had a bunch of lower leagues from all over Europe loaded, and just set myself to apply for all jobs. Got offered the Jena job in Germanys lowest division after just a few days. If you don't set yourself to apply for jobs at the very beginning, you'll be in for a pretty long wait.

This was on the 2nd patch and I was set as automatic and nationality Scottish and American (which I am)

Not sure what is classed as my lowest league. I have the top two divisions in the big Euro nations (Italy, Germany, Spain, etc) but go down to Div 2 in England and Div 3 in Scotland (which I thought would be the lowest - but 3 jobs in that division and not one of us out of 6 got a sniff). I am running the top league only in loads of nations ranging from Columbia to Finland to Australia to South Africa to China.

There's your problem. You've basically limited yourselves to the lower divisions in England and Scotland, and are competing with better AI alternative managers. The other divisions reputations are too high or are more likely to hire home grown managers that are better known in their region.

what is it like to play with 5 mates anyway?? Or even with just one mate?? I think i couldn't do it, or if i would it would take 6 months to play one season, i can't do my in-game work in one day and then just skip until matches, wouldn't work for me.

what is it like to play with 5 mates anyway?? Or even with just one mate?? I think i couldn't do it, or if i would it would take 6 months to play one season, i can't do my in-game work in one day and then just skip until matches, wouldn't work for me.

Have a game with one mate, takes about 36 hours game time to get through a season.

The most time consuming part is probably the summer with all the transfers and searching etc.....

Was in a clan with players based all over the world, we were lucky to get through 4 games in 5 hours, it was very slow, even with auto continue.

Archived