Referee from same town as opposition?

In my upcoming game in the Swedish 1. div. Elite against Bunkleflo IF the referee is from Bunkleflostrand, same place as Bunkleflo's reserve stadium (main stadium in Malmö). Shouldn't they always choose a ref from a town where neither of the two teams belong?

I have screenshots to prove it, just don't know how to upload them.

Irl, well, in england anyway, the referee should be from a town that isn't associated with either club, and they can't support either team.

WRONG! A referee from London would find it pretty hard, no?

And I know a referee that referees the team he supports. Obviously I'm not going to say which though ;)

(And no it's not Joe Bloggs reffin his local pub team ... ;))

WRONG! A referee from London would find it pretty hard, no?

And I know a referee that referees the team he supports. Obviously I'm not going to say which though ;)

(And no it's not Joe Bloggs reffin his local pub team ... ;))

Leicester! Leicester! We are top of the league, we are top of the league! :D

wrong because every referee at old trafford supports them

But this is a special case. The rules of the game state that man u should always get penalties if they're trailing at home. It's in the rulebook near to where it states that england internationals never dive and can't be given red cards.

But this is a special case. The rules of the game state that man u should always get penalties if they're trailing at home. It's in the rulebook near to where it states that england internationals never dive and can't be given red cards.

i suppose this is the same rule that applies to allow drogba and ronaldo to get away with diving so blatantly?

Archived