Motivating should be low?

Then why all World Class coaches have motivating 1?

Search in your game at staff search \ coaches with reputation world class and motivating 1 and then search world class and motivating > 15. you will not get results with high motivating.

All top teams have coaches with motivating very low.

I think there are some attributes we haven't understood really.Like Long shots.

Long shots attribute for example it's not how good a player is when he takes long shots. It's how often he takes long shots so if he has long shots 20 you should set him at personal instructions long shots-rarely or mixed except if he has teqnique 20 or he is world class player

Maybe it's only good attribute for physios and for ass.mans. for team talks only and not for training.

I went to real madrid for example and all coaches have motivating at most 5 except from some physios.

Why Real madrid sign coaches with low motivating if it's a good attribute?

Penalty taking is a good attribute. That doesn't mean a top-class team won't have many players with a penalty taking stat of 5 or lower.

It's not the same with motivating. If a top team is searching for a player ,penalty taking is not a priority.

If they are searching for a coach if motivating whas so important they wouldn't sign coaches with low motivating

There are 2 world class coaches with motivating stat of less than 13 on my game all the rest are more. Are you sure you are doing the search right I put world class coaches with at most 12 for motivating and none came up. switched it to 13 and 2 coaches were there.

I've just done a search for the hell of it.

Motivating >=16 gave 8 World-Class staff members: 3 first-team coaches, 1 goalkeeping coach, 1 youth coach, 1 general coach, 1 assistant manager, 1 physio.

Motivating <=4 gave 2 World-Class staff members: 1 assistant manager, 1 physio

There are a lot who have 10-15 motivating as well.

I'm guessing it's just the RNG purely by chance giving high-rep staff members low motivation stats in the OP's game.

You can't say i don't sign a central defender because he has penalty taking 5 when at the same time he has all the other attributes high.

But when you sign a coach he has 2-3 attributes to consider.

So my meaning is that A top team can find a coach with high motivating )if it was so important) when they have coaches with 1-5

There are 2 world class coaches with motivating stat of less than 13 on my game all the rest are more. Are you sure you are doing the search right I put world class coaches with at most 12 for motivating and none came up. switched it to 13 and 2 coaches were there.

Did you uncheck the ask assistant box?

I've just done a search for the hell of it.

Motivating >=16 gave 8 World-Class staff members: 3 first-team coaches, 1 goalkeeping coach, 1 youth coach, 1 general coach, 1 assistant manager, 1 physio.

Motivating <=4 gave 2 World-Class staff members: 1 assistant manager, 1 physio

There are a lot who have 10-15 motivating as well.

I'm guessing it's just the RNG purely by chance giving high-rep staff members low motivation stats in the OP's game.

So you are saying that in your game there are only 8 World-Class staff members + 2 World-Class staff members?

Did you UNCHECK the ask assistant box to get more results?

They may be running different leagues (=different coaches active), and the coaches may have motivating stats of 0 in the database (=a random number).

Did you do the search as i said ?

what were your results?

I have many leagues running and i have played many years, i am not at the start of the game(2009)

Then why all World Class coaches have motivating 1?

Search in your game at staff search \ coaches with reputation world class and motivating 1 and then search world class and motivating > 15. you will not get results with high motivating.

All top teams have coaches with motivating very low.

How can you say you wont get results with high motivating, to get players to apply themselves you need coaches with good motivating and level of discipline, if they dont then players arent as motivated in training and wont train aswell, also the level of discipline has to keep people under control. Have you also considered that these coaches you've found have world class reputation from their playing days, its like when you add a new user and give him previous experience as international footballer, your reputation is automatically continental and within a season its world class, its the same for coaches, they can be an awful coach yet still have world class reputation. I havent got many countries loaded at the minute but i found what I could and this is the best example of what I could find, hes only got continental reputation but theres much better coaches with a lot less reputation, local springs to mind.

coachwhosshit.jpg

I haven't got a game running at the moment, so I can't do the search.

If you're far from the start, then anything might have happened. Chaos theory, gotta love it.

Yes but everything should go right (i meam with stats) else it's a bug.

I you do the search please reply and tell my about your results and remember to have UNchecked the assistant man. box to get more results.

Anyway i will sign coaches with high reputation and low motivating from now on and i will see the results in training

Ok bob i agree that players have to be motivated. I can't understand why top teams don't sack their coaches with motivating 1-5 when their contract expire. and i have played many seasons so they should have hired new coaches and not renew their contracts.

2. Coaches have CA and PA. I did another search with a program and i found that coaches with CA > 160 (world class)

most of them have motivating 1

and maybe reputation it's more motivating attribute than motivating. I had a player telling me at most matches at the ass.man. Feedback , " player has some problems MOTIVATING himself to play for you when his manager has low reputation in the game "

I searched managers with Motivation 15, got 57 results with unrealistic people not ticked. 3 of them are World Class, out of a total of 6 World Class Managers. Only one however (Sir Alex Ferguson) goes higher that 15, he has 17 motivating.

I am not talking about Managers as they have team talks and there are not many world class managers.

Although with managers you can do the search with CONTINENTAL reputation and one search with at most 10 motivating

and another with at least 10.

Do it and tell me when you had more results

So you are saying that in your game there are only 8 World-Class staff members + 2 World-Class staff members?
Don't patronise me. If you read the post it's made quite clear that I've limited the findings to those with motivation in the ranges 1-4 (2 staff) and 16-20 (8 staff), and have neglected to mention anyone with 5-15 (a further 24 staff)...and I'm Dover, in the Blue Square Premier; if the Ask Assistant box is ticked, the highest rep listed for me is National.

But for God's sake, motivation is not the be all and end all when it comes to stats - if I had a youth coach who had 20 Attacking Training, 20 Technical Training and 20 Working With Youngsters, I wouldn't give a damn if he couldn't motivate worth a damn.

If you're trying to make a point, I'll just tell you now in case you haven't noticed that you're failing spectacularly.

Ok, 64 continental managers.

11 have at most 10 motivation, 55 have at least ten. That means three have exactly 10 motivation, hence why they appear on both lists.

Now, for coaches.

There are ten world class coaches, 9 have at least 10 motivation, with 6 having at least 15, and 2 having 19 motivation.

Of the continental coaches, there are 27 Continental coaches, 7 have at most 10, 22 have at least 10, which means two have exactly 10. 8 have at least 15, and one continental coach, J Ochotorena of Aston Villa, has 20 motivation stat.

Now, am going to do an assistant manager test, as motivation for them is important. There are 4 World Class assistants, 3 have at least 15, all have at least 10, and one has 17 motivation.

For continental assistants, there are 25 continental assistant managers, 23 have at least 10, 9 have at least 15, with two having 19 motivation.

Sorry Dalimyr id didn't want to insult you,i just thought you didn't do the search right. But as DanGliverpool says, how you only find 10 world class coaches when i find at least 80

I mean coaches , First Team coaches and Youth coaches not only coaches.

Anyway Somebody from SI can make it clear with just one reply.

The reason I opened that thread is that i don't see great training in my game.When i sell a player to another club he gets a lot better.

Every end of month the training report from my ass.man. says only 1 -3 players "trained well last month" when it should be more

^^^ i thought the ass man showed only the 3 best trainers each month?

also tbh we all know the whole training side of the game is flawed and unclear

That's why i am trying to make things clearer. Until now motivating was my top attribute for signing coaches but its not really

I was under the impression that stats on the right hand side of staff members screen (motivating, tactical knowledge etc.) didn't count unless they were an ass. man.?

Scouts and physios would be a bit screwed then, wouldn't they? :p

Archived