Mixed passing

Why is the mixed passing setting in the middle of the passing slider?

Surely mixed passing is not just a halfway point between short and direct passing, it should include all types of pass, very short, direct, long etc.

It should be used for someone like Xavi for example. Team, say Spain play quick short passing game but Xavi will switch the play if he decides to with longer, more direct passing.

I think there should be a tick box for mixed passing as there is for free role

Well it seems to be a distance slider, short is short obviously, but the higher you go up the slider the longer the ball may travel, up to mixed with a leniency to short, mixed, mixed with a leniency to longer balls, to direct, to just hoofing it up there.

Well it seems to be a distance slider, short is short obviously, but the higher you go up the slider the longer the ball may travel, up to mixed with a leniency to short, mixed, mixed with a leniency to longer balls, to direct, to just hoofing it up there.

Yeah I realise that but it doesn't make sense, surely mixed includes mixing all types of passing including hoofing it up.

Should also allow you to choose a setting for certain players to play at different speeds, not just the entire team, like say I was with Liverpool, I'd want Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano to slow the game down for them to pick out the passes, where as with Babel/Riera/Gerrard/Torres them to speed the game up and have them playing short quick one touch passes between each other to exploit gaps that would occur.

If you can already do this then I must have missed it ¬_¬

Should also allow you to choose a setting for certain players to play at different speeds, not just the entire team, like say I was with Liverpool, I'd want Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano to slow the game down for them to pick out the passes, where as with Babel/Riera/Gerrard/Torres them to speed the game up and have them playing short quick one touch passes between each other to exploit gaps that would occur.

If you can already do this then I must have missed it ¬_¬

I think you can achieve something similar with hold up ball, you would set players you want to pick out a pass to hold up the ball.

the slider system and manner through which you instruct your players to do anything in football manager is disfunctional. It's been like that for a long time.

I would think that alot of people disagree with sports interactive's interpretation of the game.

Archived