That, your best player/ world's best player has just gotten injured feeling...

Originally posted by YesYesOhYay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Ermmm, ok!

exactly- what is the point in this post? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe he wants to say that what a good feeling it is to see your top striker return from a long injury and still is a goalscoring machine

• 3 weeks later...

That would be terrible.

It turns out 32 year old Andy Carroll still has some more left in him. Back from injury and now once again scoring a goal a match. Including finally breaking my record of 4 goals in a match which Eddie Johnson set back in the FA Cup 4th round 2007-08 against Leeds.

im honestly delighted for you because for me strikers + injury = sale

i have a little rant comming on heres an explanation of my sorrow and why i get terrified everytime a striker gets injured. got patch 8.02 BTW

wayne rooney - every 1 knows free scoring rooney who scored like 40 goals in 27 games got injured at the end of the first season for 3 months came back now avrages 19 odd goals a season

klass jan huntelaar- finshed anything and everything for me when he first arrived got 30 odd goals a season and was super clinical needless to say got injured for 3 months now in his prime hes getting 20 goals a season icon_frown.gif

sergia augero - finished top scorer in spain bougt him for £45,000,000 and looked like he would live up to this fee scoring 15 goals in 6 games but got injured in a champions league match came back struggled to fnd the net a month on when his form started to improve for some reason all his stats dropped and he now resembles a faster version of a average frazier campbell

TEvez - well erm never been clinical

honest to god each striker got injured for 3 months (not all at the same time)over the course of 4 seasons and is a shadow of what he ue to be yet leioni messi is injured for 6 moths comes back for his first game in a champions league game against me and runs riot :@

Yeah, the only player who's come back as a shadow of their former selves was Cissé. Carroll is back to his free scoring ways after being out for 3 months. He's back to the top scorer this season, but then again it might be because my team is in a bit of a transitional phase right now.

It happened to me with chelsea, my best layer C. Ronaldo got injured and i was like oh **** what am i going to do, but i put J.cole in and since ronaldo has returned after two months and cnt get back in the side as joe cole is playing fantastic.

In fact, that's what I'm doing now. I lost my second striker to injury for 3 months, a guy who consistently bangs in 15-20 per season.

I gave a young kid a chance and he's rewarded me with quite a few important goals, including a winner just scored against Man United as I typed this very post.

Archived