Confidence issue

I dont know if anybody else has found this (i did a search but nothing on the 1st page about it) but i find it really annoying that the board dont like youth signings i have made and they are dissapointed that they havnt played much. but the reason for this is that they are for the future, so why doesnt the board take that into account?

Maybe SI could put something in, like with the cup situations, such as 'the board is dissapointed that player X hasnt played much but understands as he is seen as one for the future'. this could be the case if players are given 'hot prospect' contracts.

Let me know what you think, if there is another thread i should have used, please feel free to point me in the right direction

when i sign someone as a hot prospect or a youngster and put them in my reserves/u-18's, after a while my board tell me that they are dissapointed with that signing due to the lack of games that he has played.

Fair enough, not had this yet myself. I can understand it being an issue if the contract offered specifies Key Player or First Team but yeah shouldn't really happen if contract says Hot Prospect etc.

Needs fixing then.

Yeah I've seen this too. Also had 'feel you could be performing better in your role' after 4 games at the end of a season, in which we won 2, drew 1, and lost 1.

After taking over 3 teams towards the end of seasons, I think sometimes the game is a bit screwed as far as confidence goes. The boards don't take into consideration that you weren't even in charge for the majority of the season when doling out pearls of wisdom.

This has been raised with prior versions of FM. As Kain says, the confidence has improved with this version, but it's still not great. In particular, the game is still not able to understand why you bring certain players in. Therefore, you might bring someone in as back-up and the board and fans still won't like the fact he hardly plays, even though you might be chuffed to have him to call on from the bench. Similarly, you can bring in youngster with the intention of sticking them in the reserves or youth team until they are ready for first team football, but the board and fans don't seem to understand this. Very annoying.

Archived