Substitutions and an idea for FM10

I dont know about anyone else but I tend to make my first substitution at around the 60 minute mark. I think it would be a good idea to have an option to stop the game at a set point so that you are automatically reminded to make a substitution if you want to.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I think most people base their substitutions on either replacing tired/injured legs with fresh ones, or shaking up the tactics in an attempt to carve an opening/chase after an equaliser/hold onto a fragile lead.

Having an option to pause matches at set times, without having the capability to factor in all the above considerations, would result in this option being massively under-utilised in my opinion. :(

Surely you can just look at the clock on the screen and press the pause button. Very strange idea this one.

But, lets say that for some reason you are engrossed in the game play and do not notice that all of a sudden it is the 75th minute, or you have to get up for some reason and leave the computer unattended! There could be many reasons why you might want the game to stop at a set time.

Just a thought thats all!

what I'd like is a return to the old way when the game only stopped when you could make the tactical change, would stop the stupid situation of something changing, a goal, injury etc, between you setting a change and it being implemented.

• Administrators

No, I wouldn't. I've been known myself to make first half tactical subsitions if they just aren't cutting the mustard or if I'm getting overrun.....

Long as it was optional, why not?

Archived