Transfer-good idea or bad

So I am currently managing GIF Sundsvall in Sweden and I am trying to get to the top Swedish division so I have raided south america to strengthen my team, I have an Argentenian striker, a Bolivian midfielder, a Venuzuelan winger and a defender from Uruaguay, so my problem is, I usually only sign players from the country I manage in with a few foreign players(2 or 3) as I like the national team to be strong and have many players from the same team or league but with this team I also have a few from iceland and a few players from various countries in africa, so this is good in the short term for my team ie, getting promotion, but in the long term I think it may weaken my team for example if i manage to get into europe( I'm not sutre if Sweden have a home grown rule), I would prefer the key players to be Swedish, but that currently looks quite far away with my funds etc.

So has anyone found that having the key players from the one nation(nation managing in) has a better effect on the team(team chemistry etc), or having better players(attribute wise) from various nations?

language barrier in what sense?

I think what he is getting at is that signing foreigners will have a tendency to make the squad a little disjointed because of the different languages in the squad. Unless they know the language of the country you are playing in of course, then it's likely not to make too much difference. Before a match, your Ass Man will tell you if there is anyone who is struggling with the language barrier.

I could be wrong mind, but the guy before should probably have elaborated on his point himself, but seems like he only had the energy to type 2 words

FWIW, I tend to just sign the best players I can, regardless of nationality, they will settle in after a time and it'll all be fine and dandy :thup:

If your players don't initially speak Swedish, they'll underperform until they do.

oh, ok thanks, what would be the recommended ratio of foreign to home grown players and would the better players(even if they are foreign) have a good effect on the team instead of having googd players from the same nation(Sweden)?( if you rule out the language barrier)

That is not an easy question to answer. It depends on a lot of factors, some of which are hidden stats such as Adaptability.

Ok thanks for all the help:thup: I think because Swedish teams can sign players from pretty much anywhere without permit problems that I should spend more time on my transfers as i use the graph representation instead of the numerical, which may be my downfall, I should look at the numerical attributes to see who would improve my team instead of who is the better player as i may not need them, so thanks for all the feedback.

I find it hard in England, as the players just aren't as good as foreigners, in my QPR team the only englishman I have is Wayne Rooney and Jack Wilshere out on loan, also a Scottish regen keeper, that is all though, looking through the english players/regens they just don't have the stats that the south americans and europeans do. I find it quite annoying tbh. When in Italy and Spain I find it easy to make my main players being from the country i'm playing in. Not tried other countries other than Scotland which was very hard to perform in Europe without having a ton of spaniards.

I find it hard in England, as the players just aren't as good as foreigners, in my QPR team the only englishman I have is Wayne Rooney and Jack Wilshere out on loan, also a Scottish regen keeper, that is all though, looking through the english players/regens they just don't have the stats that the south americans and europeans do. I find it quite annoying tbh. When in Italy and Spain I find it easy to make my main players being from the country i'm playing in. Not tried other countries other than Scotland which was very hard to perform in Europe without having a ton of spaniards.

yeah i know what you mean, its hard to find players worthy of recognition in the uk especially Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Archived