FM2010 Idea - Hotels when travelling

i know this happens a lot in real life where the clubs secertary will ask the manager if he wants to book the team intpo a hotel for long journey

maybe we could use it in game and it could affect the results

say if you choose no your players are less refreshed ect

isn't that going too far? You should focus on transfers, tactics, keeping your team happy... but to push it as far as selecting hotels, I don't know. If you participate in a tour, I always expect them to spend the night in the hotel, same for the club worldchampionship. It's just logic they are in hotels when needed, no?

Any team travelling any large distance will always use a hotel anyway. I would wager it is very rare for the particular hotel that a team stays at has any bearing on their performance. It usually comes down to things like dodgy lasagnes and fire alarms. Include those, and you really are becoming way too gimmicky. The whole thing would be gimmicky enough anyway. I just can't see what it would add to the experience.

I know this type of thing does happen. Earlier in the season my team got turned over 6-0 at the hands of Reading and for some reason we travelled down on the day and got stuck in traffic for 6 hours. Obviously it would have had an effect on the players BUT IMO it just comes across as a gimmick.

Firstly, you might want to try spelling your own team's name properly. Then you might want to sort out the rest of the sentence because it's hard to understand. If you're saying what I think you're saying, I have to ask why you think such a ridiculous idea as adding hotel choices to the game should be considered on the basis of Kidderminster having a few dodgy away results.

but what im trying to say is that it effects the game if you stay over the night then your players havent got to get up at stupid times to make the journey it effects the results in real life and thanks for that i disnt notice that i missed the m

I disagree.

With everybody except Freyno.

This is not gimmicky at all, if staying at a hotel or not for an away game a long way from your home affects fitness levels, and the manager has the choice, then it should be added.

There are two things this choice would affect.

1. The players' fitness levels for the match in question.

2. Staying at the hotel would be an added cost the club would have to pay and would have to come out of the bank balance.

Worthy suggestion in my opinion. If implemented, it will need to be done correctly though (like any new implementation).

The fact that the game has bugs is not a reason for people to stop proposing ideas. SI should always devote some attention to exploring new ideas for the game.

fair point but i'm also entitled to my opinion and that is that I think they have better things to concetrate on.

but yes I apologise for the possible over-critisism...

This is already a feature in Fifa manager games, im heavily against FM becoming anything like fifa so the idea is a massive no for me.

Any gimmicky feature that FIFA has can stay there. I afraid I dont like this idea at all and feel there deffinitley other areas of the game that need to be improved before introducing new feautres that wouldnt bring much to the gameplaying experience of the majority.

feel there deffinitley other areas of the game that need to be improved before introducing new feautres

That's fair enough for most suggestions, but this one is the dogs bananas! Are you sure you can't be tempted?

Continental or ful English? The possibilities are endless.

That's fair enough for most suggestions, but this one is the dogs bananas! Are you sure you can't be tempted?

Continental or ful English? The possibilities are endless.

I sincerely hope you are attempting to wind me up:confused:

The 3d engine could be better, press confrences need a massive amount of work, player longevity has gone too far the other way, favourites, icons and legends for managers need improvement.

At thats before we start on worthwhile new features for 2010.

I sincerely hope you are attempting to wind me up:confused:

The 3d engine could be better, press confrences need a massive amount of work, player longevity has gone too far the other way, favourites, icons and legends for managers need improvement.

At thats before we start on worthwhile new features for 2010.

3D match representation and press conference pale into insignificance, compared to the FM10 virtual tour of a Holiday Inn.

don't see the point it wouldnt be the manager that would arrange something like.

It would more likely be a secertry or admin team for the club that would do that, cant imagine Fergie arranging hotel rooms for all his players lol

I like this idea. For example last night at Inter obviously Fergie didn't pick the hotel, BUT Fergie did decide the match squad to fly over there, ie decided Rafael wasn't fit enough but took O'Shea & Evans even though they were both carrying injuries.

It could follow that you would have too pick the squad to travel to an away game a day or two before the match. So it would be a trade off knowing the condition of a player would be better off leaving him behind with the physio for the next weekends game against needing him for this game.

Also could make for hard tactical choices, for example your a lower league club with small squad, if your striker injures himself on night before game in training and your next choice striker is in reserves you couldn't pick him as hes been left behind, so have to use only the players you took down with you so have too change system to suit who you have took.

It could be implemented pretty easily really as this is basically what already happens for international management in FM09 anyway when you get a msg in inbox asking to pick squad to travel for international game(s).

i think a good introduction would be being able to decide what meals players have and who they share a room with when they're away at Spartak Moscow

although this is a pretty stupid topic tbh, this is a good point with the room mate situation as some clubs' players stick in cliques whilst some managers e.g. benitez make sure that the room mates are rotated as much as possible (yes, aswel as the teamsheet) to let people get to know eachother however it could hav the opposite effect....

It's scraping the borders of FIFA, and I for one don't want that. It's bad enough with the Press Conferences (which I initially thought was a good idea, but then just turned into a repetetive and pointless pain), but when it starts verging onto the realms of hotels, burger prices, playing golf with the chairman, etc., that'll be the day I stop playing FM.

Archived