Where are Peterborough in your game (please)

Hi all, i used to play CM and FM solely as my beloved Peterborough. On 08 i havnt touched them yet. My career is going fairly well and mainly abroad but i was hoping to manage the POSH at some point. I remember in previous versions that it was impossible to get a LLM job once you make it big (which i havnt quite yet).

The new POSH chairman Darragh McAnthony has amazing stats and they are a big player in league one by 2011. Im hoping they make it to the prem and certainly the championship so i can take the helm and fullfill their potential.

Where are they in your games?

If you bother to read, check and post many thanks to you.

Hi all, i used to play CM and FM solely as my beloved Peterborough. On 08 i havnt touched them yet. My career is going fairly well and mainly abroad but i was hoping to manage the POSH at some point. I remember in previous versions that it was impossible to get a LLM job once you make it big (which i havnt quite yet).

The new POSH chairman Darragh McAnthony has amazing stats and they are a big player in league one by 2011. Im hoping they make it to the prem and certainly the championship so i can take the helm and fullfill their potential.

Where are they in your games?

If you bother to read, check and post many thanks to you.

They have been in league 1 since 2010/11 and have been pretty consistent in mid table finishes apart from getting into the play-offs in their first season in League 1.

Current manager is Darren Ferguson from Wrexham, he is in his second season.

07/08-lost in playoffs final.4th pos.

08/09-Were promoted as runners-up

09/10-20/21-Mid table in the League 1.Did finish 5th in 15/16.Got relegated in 20/21.Won the League 2,and got promoted again.

22/23-27/28-Mid-table again League 1.Got relegated 27/28.

28/29-35/36-Slipped in the League 2.Were relegated by 35/36.Stormed BSP in 36/37 got 102 pts and won the BSP.

37/38-42/43-Steadily rose in the League 2.Got promoted in 42/43 to the League 1.Got saved,but are struggling this season(2043/44).Are in 23rd right now.

The brackets and numbers are seasons btw,in 2044 Jan right now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

09/10-20/21-Mid table in the League 1.Did finish 5th in 15/16.Got relegated in 20/21.Won the League 2,and got promoted again.

28/29-35/36-Slipped in the League 2.Were relegated by 35/36.Stormed BSP in 36/37 got 102 pts and won the BSP.

37/38-42/43-Steadily rose in the League 2.Got promoted in 42/43 to the League 1.Got saved,but are struggling this season(2043/44).Are in 23rd right now.

The brackets and numbers are seasons btw,in 2044 Jan right now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How Long It Take You To Get That Far?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikeyt:

The new POSH chairman Darragh McAnthony has amazing stats and they are a big player in league one by 2011. . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

amazing stats? how do you check the stats of a chairman.

they are mid table league 1in my game, 3 seasons in.

they are in league two in my game with kevin russel in charge former assistant manager

07/08 10th place 19 wins 8 draws 18 loses 70 for 57 against 66 points

08/09 7th place 20 wins 9 draws 17 loses 63 for 57 against 69 points -- won in playoff semi final against wycombe 3-1 overall lost in playoff final against walsall 3-2

09/10 8th place 20 wins 10 draws 16 loses 71 for 59 against 70 points

10/11 12th place 16 wins 15 draws 15 loses 62 for 66 against 63 points

11/12 7th place 20 wins 9 draws 17 loses 70 for 52 against 69 points -- won in playoff semi final on penalty's against Notts Co lost in playoff final against stockport 3-0

12/13 12th place 18 wins 10 draws 18 loses 67 for 61 against 64 points

13/14 16th place 16 wins 13 draws 17 loses 66 for 67 against 61 points

14/15 18th place 13 wins 17 draws 16 loses 61 for 64 against 56 points

15/16 21th place 14 wins 12 draws 20 loses 56 for 70 against 54 points

16/17 5th place 19 wins 16 draws 11 loses 61 for 49 against 73 points -- won in playoff semi final against chesterfield 5-2 overall lost in playoff final 1-0 to oxford

17/18 15th place 15 wins 13 draws 18 loses 61 for 65 against 58 points

18/19 7th place 21 wins 7 draws 18 loses 70 for 62 against 70 points -- won in playoff semi final against doncester 4-1 overall lost in playoff final on penalty's to barnet 2-2 game

current season 19/20 22 games played 18th place 7 wins 3 draws 12 loses 30 for 36 against 24 points

hope i answered you curiuosity

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Murrayzoster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

The brackets and numbers are seasons btw,in 2044 Jan right now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How Long It Take You To Get That Far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It tooke me 3 and a half months.I had that silly 5th dec. 09 crash problem.would have been further if not for that

In my game, unfortunately, they have never been higher than league one. The closest they have come was a 3rd place in 2015.

They had one spell in the conference between 2020 and 2024.

The most notable thing about their league positioning is that they've never been a yo yo team. Always spending a long period in the league they're in bfore moving up or down.

They won League 2 in 2009, 2029 and 2034, and the Conference in 2024.

However

You've asked me this question at a very exciting time for Peterborough United.

In 2063 they got their first ever taste of cup success, winning the Vans Trophy in 2063.

Not that glorious, you might say.

But it proved a building block, and in 2067, they won the League cup in a nail biting thriller against Ipswich in which keeper Steve Roberts proved an unlikely hero, saving two penalties in the shootout before scoring the single most important goal in Peterborough history to bring the cup home for the first time.

All of which means that this season, for the first time in the history of the club, although still in league one, Peterborough will be playing in Europe.

The draw hasn't been kind to them, and to qualify for the group stgaes, they must get past the might of Athletic Club Bilbao. But the early season signs look good. Peterborough sit 7th in the league and were desperatlely unlucky to lose out away to recently relegated Chelsea in a game they dominated.

wow, thanks for posting. The FM community at its best.

Some interesting posts. Im not too thrilled about being in BSN, even dropping into the BS was bad enough. But i saw they got to the Championship in one of your games. Thats promising. But that League Cup win! WOW. I had to re-re-read the post as i thought you were still talking about the vans trophy.

I wonder if in the games where they fail that the current chairman leaves. I cant see him overseeing a fall to the BS.

To the poster that wanted to know how i found out my Chairman stats i used FMM. The important stats for chairmen (off the top of my head) are resources (high), buisness (high) interference (low) and there are a few other stats that you can logically apply to the role of Chairman. Another one which is very interesting in this respect is patience. As i want Pboro to be in the Championship or Prem before i take them over i think low patience would be better. He would not be happy with establishing the team in league 1 and look to progress quicker. This may involve sacking the current manager which would obviously be bad if it were a human manager but may (or may not) be good for further promotion hopes.

Thanks agian.

I'm only in my second season so you might not be too excited.

They went up to leauge one in there first season through the play-offs.

But the leauge oe isn't the dream that they wanted, 40 games in they pretty much look relegated with 35 points, sitting 12 from safety.

Seems like mine is the only game where they are doing well icon_smile.gif

Ok had a look at is this morning and they've actually been in the Championship for 7 seasons now (2021). They finished 7th last season and made the playoffs in 5th this season. Unfortunately they lost 2-1 on aggregate to Bolton in the semis but they have a real chance of making the Prem soon. They still have the original manager too, unlike Bournemouth who didn't renew my contract after 14 years at the club icon_confused.gif

In my Barnet game Peterborough keeps following me up the leagues. I'm in 2011 and they have made it into the Championship with me. They got promoted the first season, stayed in league one for three seasons and made it up into the championship by finishing number two

Playing FM08, with the latest patch, and the Posh are firmly rooted to the bottom of League 2. In fact, their form has been progressively worse as the seasons go on.

Currently in 2011, their finances are "Rich" but it doesn't look like they can buy their way out of the league by the looks of things.

Archived